Anyone have Emby running on 5.0.0.2131?

MarcStrattonSmith

MarcStrattonSmith

Right now, I have Emby running on QNAP TS-453D Firmware 4.5.4.1769 and it is working extremely well.  With all the recent security issue QNAP has been having I wanted to update the firmware to the latest 5.0.0.2131.  I see in the forums that upgrading Firmware in the past has had issues.

Just wondering if anyone with TS-453D has upgraded to 5.0.0.2131 and had any issues?  Or is there anything I need to be aware of jumping to a whole new Firmware version?

Thank you for your time!

MarcStrattonSmith

Unrelated to Emby but posting here in case anyone attempts the above.  After upgrading the NAS's Firmware it no longer sees the drives.  When I find a fix, I will post it here.

MarcStrattonSmith

While this Forum post on QNAP server made the QNAP work again, it did wipe the drive.  So, I'm now in process of reinstalling everything and copying media back over.

I guess it was worth it for whatever security holes they are fixing but heads up anyone else jumping full versions of Firmware be sure to have backups of your media before attempting.

Incase someone is reading this and cant get the Forum link to work the fix was:

Edit: SOLVED
All, I managed to solve the issue, by doing the following:

1. Force shutdown , by removing the Power cable. (as the power button became useless for some reasons)
  2. Remove all hard drives, and restart the NAS empty
  3. Shutdown the NAS, install hard drive 1, reboot (NAS is now complaining about a missing / known hard drive : Good news)
  4. Shutdown the NAS, install hard drive 2, reboot: All good

• Thanks 1