Can I get recommendations on how to handle this setup please?

King Pin

King Pin

Equipment: 

QNAP TVS-882t - 32gb Memory - Room for 6 HD's
QNAP REXP-1000 Pro Expansion Unit - Room for 10 HD's
7 x 10tb HD's
5 x 12tb HD's - Replacing 6x6tb drives

Current Library (75% MKV/25% MP4):
3800 Movies/50tbs - 95% 1:1 Bluray Rips
180 TV Shows/24tbs 
Adding anywhere from 20-50 movies a month
***I have complete backup of everything on multiple external HD's attached to the NAS with a USB hub***

I am wiping my NAS and starting new because it wasn't done right the first time.
I don't care about down time so I can get this right, it's just media and nothing that I need access to.  

I'm not very knowledgable about this stuff and after a lot of reading I am thinking about doing this. 

• Creating one storage pool with all the HD's
  • One thin volume, Inode size to max. 65536 which gives me up to 250tbs
  • 2 RAID 5 groups. 
  • First group 5 x 12tb which is on the NAS and the second 7 x 10tb which is on the Expansion unit. 

Any comments, recommendations and questions are welcome. 

Edited by King Pin

I'm not very knowledgable about this stuff and after a lot of reading I am thinking about doing this.

Hi, based on saying this, I'm not sure which is the best option but I would suggest eliminating the raid option(s). It will be more complex than just a single storage pool, both in terms of initial setup and ongoing maintenance. 

King Pin

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, based on saying this, I'm not sure which is the best option but I would suggest eliminating the raid option(s). It will be more complex than just a single storage pool, both in terms of initial setup and ongoing maintenance. 

Unfortunately it's already done.  

Captureddd.thumb.JPG.42f3bde215cd159236f70e6483761e52.JPG

But can you tell me if my folder tree looks proper?   I have 2 volumes.  In each volume there is a Media folder that is shared.  Inside those shared folders are regular folders with my different types of media. 

Capturerf.JPG

Edited by King Pin