Emby making IPTV Stream use more bandwith

PremiumFacil2

PremiumFacil2

Hi All, I hope that someone can help me out. I have a Xtream UI Server with some channels set up and I can see that the outgoing stream "weight" is aroung 4Mbps and even 3Mbps. But when I set this up on EMBY it is showing a Bandwidth usage of 15Mbps or even 20Mbps (Direct Play). I have some screen captures attached. I want to use the original transmition bandwidth. Please excuse my English. Am I missing something? I will really appreciate for any suggestion or help.

embyscreencapture.jpeg

xtreamuiscreenshot.jpeg

Hi.  That is not an indication of bandwidth being used. That is just the bitrate that the stream is reporting.

PremiumFacil2
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That is not an indication of bandwidth being used. That is just the bitrate that the stream is reporting.

But why is it using 3 times the bandwith of the original stream? The original stream is 2604 Kbps. 

Just now, PremiumFacil2 said:

But why is it using 3 times the bandwith

It isn't.  That isn't an indication of bandwidth at all.  It is a bitrate reading from the stream.  Its possible the bitrate cannot be determined and some sort of default is being shown there.

PremiumFacil2
20 minutes ago, ebr said:

It isn't.  That isn't an indication of bandwidth at all.  It is a bitrate reading from the stream.  Its possible the bitrate cannot be determined and some sort of default is being shown there.

You are totally correct, I am sorry for being such a noob. Thank you for your time and prompt response.

mark-in-dallas

It doesn't mean much of anything and I completely ignore those numbers in my panel.  If you look at the bitrate and resolution for Golden HD and then Cinemax HD, it makes little sense that Golden would be 1080P at 30 FPS and streaming at almost double the rate of Cinema HD streaming at the same resolution and 40 FPS using the same codec.  And, if Cine Mexicano is actually streaming at 30000 FPS I'll eat my shirt.  :)

Edited by mark-in-dallas