Background picture vs Episode picture in Continue watching

BobbyCR

BobbyCR

Hello Everyone!

I have a question not sure if this is explained somewhere but I couldn't find it, is there a way to keep the background picture/Fanart separated from the episode picture in the continue watching section?

for example here you can see the fanart picture as the background

image.thumb.png.dcefc3b1064ec0ec15ab3c43b6c98f0d.png

but then again as the episode picture instead of the actual picture for the episode:

image.png.971181ae7a2f2de503c16fa77f30881f.png

thanks for the support! 

Hi.  Continue watching shows the Series Thumb as a default image and, if there is no Series Thumb, it falls back to the Series background.  We've found showing the Series image is much more informative than an episode screen grab in that context.

That particular series doesn't have a thumb yet.

BobbyCR

Series Thumb? is that each episode thumb? if there is a thumb file for the series what is it called? i don't think i've seen one of those before. for that example each episode has its own thumb

I rather have the episode thumb instead of the same picture all the time when there's a new episode, don't want to take off the fanart because is the background. 

• Agree 1

Episodes do not usually have thumb images - at least I'm aware of no source for those.  We've been using the Series Thumb in that context for a long time.

e.g.

image.png

BobbyCR

Well I guess I could post on the features request cause it will worth making a drop down selection for the thumb.

I don't really see the series thumb, i have poster, fantart but no thumb for the serie:

image.png.4dd53f8c42a4d3076ba73ba32347e239.png

If i take the fantart down it will go to the episode thumb but then i would lose the background. 

41 minutes ago, BobbyCR said:

I don't really see the series thumb,

1 hour ago, ebr said:

That particular series doesn't have a thumb yet.

I don't believe the metadata providers have a thumb for that series.  You could create one if you wish.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, BobbyCR said:

I don't really see the series thumb, i have poster, fantart but no thumb for the serie:

They are Thumb/Landscape but FanArt does, TVDB and TMDB have them via backdrops this text.

image.png.16779cd23925b612069c6db8d9251f98.png

BobbyCR

Yes i found that if you the landscape picture it will show in continue watching but instead of those I would like to see the chapter thumb, I will need to remove the fanart to be able to do that but then i will lose the background :(