“Hide video player transport buttons” needs tweaked.

adavis219

adavis219

Not sure if there’s a new update out that included this feature but it caused a headache this morning using my Xbox. I couldn’t figure out what was going on until I went digging through the settings. I think the default should be “No” and users can select whether they want it on or not. “Auto” did not work correctly and I wasn’t able to pause or skip to the end/next episode. This only seems to be an issue with remotes/devices that have limited button options but I figured I’d bring it up.

• Agree 2

adavis219

@Luke On Xbox it did not work correctly, I’m not sure of other devices.

When using “Auto” the on screen controls are removed thus making it impossible to pause. I can go left and right to skip forward but no other buttons (on controller itself) worked for any other actions.

Maybe implementing actual controller mapping would help but other than that I had to turn it off for the time being. 

Just wanted to say something in case anyone else was having the issue.

8 hours ago, adavis219 said:

@Luke On Xbox it did not work correctly, I’m not sure of other devices.

When using “Auto” the on screen controls are removed thus making it impossible to pause. I can go left and right to skip forward but no other buttons (on controller itself) worked for any other actions.

Maybe implementing actual controller mapping would help but other than that I had to turn it off for the time being. 

Just wanted to say something in case anyone else was having the issue.

Why do you think it's impossible to pause? Have you tried clicking ok on the seek bar?

Anecdotal - I don't personally use xbox, but I have a few users that do. I was informed today that someone "couldn't pause". So I installed emby on my xbox and found that I couldn't pause playback as well. I did try clicking on the seek bar. I hit every button on the seek bar, even B, which backed out. I was only able to pause a video once I changed the Hide video player transport buttons from Auto to No. From my personal user experience both clients in this case are original Xbox One's and both required this settings change.

Thanks @adavis219 for pointing me and my users in the right direction.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, 10479 said:

Anecdotal - I don't personally use xbox, but I have a few users that do. I was informed today that someone "couldn't pause". So I installed emby on my xbox and found that I couldn't pause playback as well. I did try clicking on the seek bar. I hit every button on the seek bar, even B, which backed out. I was only able to pause a video once I changed the Hide video player transport buttons from Auto to No. From my personal user experience both clients in this case are original Xbox One's and both required this settings change.

Thanks @adavis219 for pointing me and my users in the right direction.

OK I see the issue. We'll get an update out to resolve it. Thanks.

• Thanks 1