4k direct playback issues

Losidion

Losidion

Hello,

I have run into and issue I only noticed the last few weeks that I cannot direct play back 4k content anymore. It was working a few releases ago but now it’s not, so I do not know what has changed or on what release it was working last ( I know it was working back at the start of 2022) but I only noticed because the colors looked off then I noticed to was transcoding my 4k videos for some odd reason. This only happens on 4k playback not on 1080p and lower they seem to play fine for direct playback.

As I have already transcoded the files it seems odd to me that it was doing so it again when I am playing the videos across the same LAN. Then I noticed the transcoded bit rate was higher than the direct play bitrate it was showing for the files. I tested on both my PC on the web and my TV and got the same behavior ( it lags a lot on playback as well when transcoding) so I know it’s not related to the app in so far as I can tell. I can play the videos fine via file share directly form the NAS its on, so the LAN seems to be able to handle it fine.  I tried on 5GAC Wi-Fi as well with my tv as it only has 100 mbps port for ethernet to rule out LAN congestion got the same result.

I have added the logs files for the server and  both my web playback and tv app playback along with images of the payback from the web session and what it showed on the server dashboard along with the file properties. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 191528.png

Screenshot 2022-09-05 191608.png

Screenshot 2022-09-05 191704.png

ffmpeg-transcode-9627dd5f-7d18-40ca-a579-338d586bf0a1_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-28166b5b-c528-4f50-aa3e-ee244eaec096_1.txt embyserver.txt

Losidion

I does for the web App i did not know chrome did no support HEVC thank you for letting me know. Does this also apply to the App for LG Smart TVs as i have had the same issue i only tested on my PC web to rule out the device. i just tested in the Theater app on my PC and it works fine however it still has issues on my app on my TV.