Setup Live TV server to share TV via m3u

oochiewallie
Go to solution Solved by RobDenny,

oochiewallie

I've read that it is possible to import the m3u8 link that I've got from my IPTV provider into the Live TV module.

But is it also possible to share this with my local IPTV clients (in my home LAN) as an internal m3u8 link?

The reason why I want this, is to bypass the IPTV provider's check on max. concurrent streams, when multiple clients are watching the same channel. My IPTV providers counts this as separate streams (even when they are watching the same channel). If I'd be able to create my own local m3u8 link to bypass this, that would be great.

The reason why I want to re-share a m3u8 link, is because I want to use Tivimate on my local clients (and don't want to use the Emby app).

Is this possible?

• Solution
RobDenny

You can use Xteve and use the stream buffer inside Xteve to broadcast. this will allow you to broadcast the same channel to two different devices, whilst still only using 1 connection to your IPTV provider. Filter your channels in Xteve, and then use the M3U8 link at the top in your Tivimate software and Emby server.

Hi, Emby Server has built-in re-use of most streams so that two users watching the same channel will only count as one. 

oochiewallie
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, Emby Server has built-in re-use of most streams so that two users watching the same channel will only count as one. 

Yes, I already got that. However, does Emby also have the option to serve/broadcast its own m3u-link (so it can be used by external applications like Tivimate or IPTV Smarters)?
If not, I guess I'd have to go for the Xteve option, as @RobDenny suggested.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oochiewallie said:

Yes, I already got that. However, does Emby also have the option to serve/broadcast its own m3u-link (so it can be used by external applications like Tivimate or IPTV Smarters)?
If not, I guess I'd have to go for the Xteve option, as @RobDenny suggested.

Not currently but that's something I've been meaning to add.

• Like 1

oochiewallie
On 9/5/2022 at 7:15 PM, RobDenny said:

You can use Xteve and use the stream buffer inside Xteve to broadcast. this will allow you to broadcast the same channel to two different devices, whilst still only using 1 connection to your IPTV provider. Filter your channels in Xteve, and then use the M3U8 link at the top in your Tivimate software and Emby server.

Tried to get this working. So far so good. However, it seems that it is mandatory to set-up filters to get things working in xTeVe (although I'm not limited to the 480 channels limit). Is there a way to use some kind of wildcard, to include all groups and channels with only one filter? It seems that you need to add a filter for every group alone, which is not very handy...