ASS subtitles won't load if I click the "next" button

HeavensFall

HeavensFall

If I let the video finish, the next episode will be played automatically and everything works fine. If I click the "next" button, the next episode will be played but the subtitles won't show up. I have to turn the subtitles off and on to make it show up again.

Server version: 4.7.6.0

Emby Theater version: 3.0.16

HeavensFall

Update: I noticed that if I click the "previous" or "next" button when the show has less than 90 seconds remaining, then the problem mentioned above won't occur. So a temporary solution would be moving the slider to the end of the show before pressing the "previous" or "next" button.

HeavensFall

Update2: I think this issue is not related to the format of the subtitle. After some testing I found that if you move the slider to the last 90 seconds interval of a show, and let the show play for a few seconds before pressing the "next" or "previous" button, then everything will work fine. The Windows store version of Emby theater doesn't have this problem, and kodi with emby plug-in also works fine. I guess I will switch to the store version for now.