LG 2014 TV DLNA issue

Deihmos

Deihmos

The movie folder is showing up as pictures without a movie inside the folder for any movie with DTS audio. The few movies with AC3 audio are showing up. I know the TV can play back the files natively and even went as far as installing Plex and did not have the same problem. Is there a solution to this?

post-164-0-36281400-1412563315_thumb.jpg

crashkelly

Hey there,

I think you will get better response if you give the guys in the know something to work with.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

The above explains gathering up the logs so that they can try to determine what is going on.

Thanks

CrashKelly

Deihmos

I have given up on DLNA. Does not work right on the PC either. When I try to play anything it just shows the mediabrowser art.

Edited by Deihmos

pünktchen

Don't give up!

Try the attached dlna profile. You have to put it in:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\user

and restart MBServer!

Deihmos

A lot more of the movies are showing up now. A few of them still just have the folder picture. What is causing the issue?

pünktchen

For me mkv with vob subtitles are shown as a picture. They are not supported by TVs and MBS!

As a workaround you could disable subtitles in the user preferences of the webclient.

Deihmos

The video files play fine when I tried Plex DLNA and if I placed the video on a USB stick and it played fine. I disabled subtitles and now the video shows up. Hopefully this will become more plug and play in the future.

Edited by Deihmos