Show freezes indefinitely if subtitles are on.

Joelk993

Joelk993

Watching Fear the Walking Dead, S2 E6, episode plays fine but due the Spanish, subtitles are required. Turn on subtitles and now the video freezes at the exact same time every time, regardless of restarting or unplugging, always freezes at the same time. Turn off subtitles and plays just fine but can't understand anything. 

Joelk993

Seems like episodes after have the same problem. If you stop the show to turn on subtitles while they are speaking Spanish the show will never load. Subtitles off loads just fine. Definitely an issue on embys end 

Joelk993

Report sent to developer at 11:19am Eastern time  

Account lyleruf

I have continued trying to watch the show (Fear the Walking Dead) (example S2 E9) with subtitles option set to "Off" show plays fine until I can't understand them speaking Spanish (example S2 E9 42:38), so I exit and set subtitles to "English (Default PGSSUB)" resume show and will continue to load but never start playing. If I restart the show/rewind to a part without Spanish then it will play fine, until the show is about to speak Spanish and then will freeze again with no end. (example S2 E9 42:35) Exit show, turn off subtitles, loads and plays just fine.

The other subtitle option will never load regardless of Spanish or not.

I have unplugged emby dozens of times and tried waiting for it to load even more over multiple days.

Every episode with Spanish has the same issue every time subtitles are required. When it freezes/loads it will freeze for a few minutes then turn to back screen with circle spinning for 5-10 mins then error occurs (Too many errors giving up) 

Edited by Joelk993
Log report time correction

Hi.  Can you please attach the ffmpeg logs that were generated on the server at the same time as that log you sent?  I'm seeing timeouts on the app end.  My suspicion is that your server is not able to transcode fast enough when also needing to burn in those subtitles and they need to be burned in due to the bitrate of the items and the remote connection.