Server playback of HD files

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I originally posted a thread over in the Live TV section but I think my issue is not just related to Live TV but any HD content I try to play via the Web client and then to any client that is pulling from the server.

Live TV starts and runs for about 10 seconds, freezes for about 5 seconds then starts again and repeats. I have been testing tonight with some other videos and I am noticing a pattern. Any of my recorded TV shows which are in .ts format and HD quality and some mkv rips that I have of my Bluray discs are giving me the exact same response as Live TV streaming.

I have changed the video quality all the way down to the lowest and all the way up to the highest. It does get worse at the higher settings. However, the issue is still there at the lower settings. My task manager shows that I am using about 75-87% of the cpu. I am running a duo core 3.0 ghz processor on Windows 8.1.

Here are some logs:

Server: server-63548130325.zip

Transcoding: transcode-2f384352-f872-44de-904d-bfed823cda7a.txt

-Jason

Looks like your processor is just not quite able to handle transcoding those videos.  Only getting about 26fps and you are trying to play back at 30.

jasonmcroy

Darn. I was hoping that wasn't the reason since I can't afford to upgrade right now. Thanks for taking a look.