Epg guide data missing from client

iiiJoe

Hello! Been using Emby premier for about a month and really like it. Having a little issue with the guide, however. Guide works fine on my windows 10 pc and had been working fine on my android client which nvidia shield pro, until a few days ago. Now when I press the guide all I get is a perpetual spinning wheel. Everything else is accessible, recordings, programs etc. I’m having the exact same issue on my vbox client as well. I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attached pic. Thanks in advance!

A0A49447-7470-41C7-8A76-43788C35873E.jpeg

Hi, ebr. Just sent a couple of logs from the app on my Shield. I'm using version 4.7.6.0 on windows and 2.0.79g on my shield. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, iiiJoe said:

Hi, ebr. Just sent a couple of logs from the app on my Shield. I'm using version 4.7.6.0 on windows and 2.0.79g on my shield. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hi.  What did you do in this session?  I think I found your log but it doesn't appear you went to the guide display to reproduce the issue during it.  Please be sure and reproduce the issue and then provide the information requested in the instructions.  Thanks.

Hi, just sent a log from my shield app at around 9:50am cst and 10:00am right after I attempted to load guide data. I don't see an option to to send the log from the screen while it's attempting to load guide data so I just logged out and sent them from that screen. Also, here's the log from my Emby server on my pc. Thanks!

embyserver(1).txt

Edited by iiiJoe

Hi.  This must be the issue:

09-04 09:50:25.063 24059 24094 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 272132560 byte allocation with 25165824 free bytes and 113MB until OOM, target footprint 443264072, growth limit 536870912
09-04 09:50:25.063 24059 24094 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.lang.StringFactory.newStringFromBytes(Str

How many channels do you have?

The thing is, everything worked fine since I started using Emby several weeks ago until August 29th. And it's only a problem on my client servers, PC guide still loads and works fine.

Question: since my guide worked on my shield until about 6 days ago, is it possible that an update changed my settings? Also, is there a setting that I can adjust to make the guide work again for my client devices? Thanks!

22 hours ago, iiiJoe said:

Several thousand, maybe more. I'm not sure since I only use a handful that I've tagged as favorites.

If you only import the ones into Emby that you actually want then that will solve this issue.  Or, you can side-load the standard Android app on the device and that should be okay as it will manage the memory with that large of a list a little better.

Ok. Is there a specific program that you would recommend to edit my xmltv file? Also, if I sideload will I still be able to connect to my Emby server on my pc as a client or will my Shield be a stand alone server? Noob here, sorry for all of the questions ☺️

Edited by iiiJoe

1 hour ago, iiiJoe said:

Is there a specific program that you would recommend to edit my xmltv file?

I've seen both Xteve and IPTVBoss mentioned a lot.

1 hour ago, iiiJoe said:

if I sideload will I still be able to connect to my Emby server on my pc

Yes.  That app will access  your server just like the one you are using now.