Trailer: Empty posters?

Denino

When I look at the trailers under "New and Upcoming Movies on Netflix", or in fact under any Trailer section, almost all movie posters are missing.

If I were to guess, roughly 90 percent of all trailers have missing posters.

There's no obvious common denominator between the trailers that do have a poster.

I've run all the scheduled tasks to check if that could be the culprit, but alas, it didn't help.

have noticed that there's a few "Unauthorized" calls to The Movie DB API, similar to what this other user has posted about, but I'm not sure if that's the problem here?

Log entries related to the plugin:

2022-08-31 01:10:47.582 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers, Version=1.3.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Mediabrowser.Plugins.Trailers.dll
2022-08-31 01:10:49.098 Info App: Starting entry point MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers.EntryPoint
2022-08-31 01:10:49.098 Info App: Entry point completed: MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers.EntryPoint. Duration: 0.000731 seconds

Here is the plugin configuration:

image.thumb.png.871b87fd32d5e87e94d9f1f0855b015c.png

Happy2Play

Would need to see the server log.  But if Emby can't talk to TMDB it can't get this information.  But getting over 1500 movies information will take awhile.

I don't have errors but on a test system I can see not every item is getting info but not sure if it is just timing.  But did a Refresh Search for missing and everything populated.  I did not enable the movie archive though.

Happy2Play

Not sure on the Unauthorized but the request does not look correct with added "?language=pt-BR" as I get an invalid api key with this request

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/660942-de-uskyldige?language=pt-BR?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=alternative_titles,reviews,casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=sv&include_image_language=sv,null,en

Removing it returns results

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/660942-de-uskyldige?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=alternative_titles,reviews,casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=sv&include_image_language=sv,null,en

Appears to be some sort of network issue thought as this is not the servers detected network.

2022-08-31 02:49:09.493 Warn App: SetSocketOption 'MulticastLocalAdminAddress' failed for IP address '192.168.1.11': Unknown socket error
2022-08-31 02:49:09.495 Error App: Error in CreateSsdpUdpSocket. IPAddress: 192.168.1.11

@Happy2PlayI was wondering about the pt-BR thing myself, I don't speak Portuguese, I don't live in Brazil, and this is not a Portuguese or Brazilian film. I have no idea where that comes from.

Regarding the network warning/error, I don't think that's the reason why the error occurs. That seems to have stemmed from me setting the (optional) "Local IP address" setting to 192.168.1.11 (which is the real host IP, not the Docker IP) in the Network settings.

I removed that setting and restarted Emby, so that error doesn't appear in the logs anymore, but the weird pt-BR "Unauthorized" error still does.

Happy2Play

If you refresh a Movie does the same thing happen?

@Happy2Play It's the same thing when I refresh just that movie. Interestingly, when I manually set the TMDB ID in the metadata, the refresh succeeds, no more pt-BR.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but it somehow automatically populates the movie with a TVDB ID, namely 332289. On TVDB, the film title has been translated to English, Norwegian, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Portugal), and Portuguese (Brazil). That's honestly the only pt-BR connection I'm able to find for this film.

So just to circle back to the original issue, the trailers still mostly lack posters. 😕

Which scheduled task is supposed to populate trailer metadata, such as posters?

Junglejim

How long did you wait? This is like scraping a hole move lib full of thousands of movies (looks like you selected archive).

To answer, it should be "Refresh Internet Channels" I think.. but It should eventually sort it's self out over time from various schedules that run.. just be patient.

I can't comment on the "pt-BR" problem you are getting, that's weird. Most of this meta should come from TMDb hopefully.

Edited by Junglejim

@JunglejimThis issue has been going on for about a week.

"Refresh Internet channels" exits withing a second with no errors when I run it.

I have already disabled the trailer archive, but all trailers remain posterless.

The logs are completely free from any relevant errors.

Junglejim
2 hours ago, Denino said:

"Refresh Internet channels" exits withing a second with no errors when I run it.

I have already disabled the trailer archive, but all trailers remain posterless.

Ok that's strange. Try disabling all trailers and refresh your libs. "Scan media library". Then add one trailer lib back, say "New and up" and see how you go.

Other than that this sounds like a network issue. Working fine here...

Screenshot_2022-09-02_23-00-01.thumb.png.c6d250696f37d10d13e377a3b9ce5f05.png

Edited by Junglejim

6 hours ago, Denino said:

Hi, where exactly do they remain?

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, where exactly do they remain?

I meant that all trailers (excluding the archive, which I removed) remain posterless, as in they are where they always were, under "Trailers", and they don't have posters, most of them. Sorry, not sure what you mean by "where do they remain".

I can also attest that it's extremely unlikely to be a network issue on my side.

I've tried a few things, here's exactly what I've done and it still doesn't work.

1. Uninstall Trailers plugin
2. Restart Emby
3. Scan Metadata Folder
4. Scan media library
5. Restart Emby
6. Vaccum on next startup
7. Restart Emby
8. Install Trailers plugin
9. Restart Emby
10. Check that trailer movie archive is disabled (it is disabled)
11. Logs show no indication that trailers are being updated
12. Scan media library
13. Check the trailers in Emby under Netflix category
14. GET requests are only being performed for some of the trailers, and those images are successfully found and downloaded. This would indicate to me that Emby simply doesn't have the information to download any posters for any other trailers.
15. Check metadata of a "failing" trailer, i.e. it has no poster. See that IMDb ID is tt14300412 and TheMovieDb ID is 916519. The TMDB ID is correct. TMDB has a poster for it. The path is `https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/independent/wild-game/wild-game-trailer-1_h480p.mov`. That URL works fine.
16. Refresh metadata of that trailer. Choose Replace all metadata and Replace existing images.
17. Refresh the trailer page. Still no poster is being downloaded, or attempted even.
18. In the Movie library settings, set no preferred language, country, etc. They were set to Swedish/Sweden before.
19. Scan media library
20. Refresh trailer page, nothing new here, nothing downloading
21. Refresh trailer list page, nothing happening here either

Happy2Play

@Lukethis is reproducible on a new install or removing the plugin and readding it.

image.thumb.png.bdbfc67185b9d08951cbe1630045894b.png

I just did a Refresh Search for Missing to correct the issue.

But assume without another log from OP we need to figure out why "?language=pt-BR" is in the url that breaks the request.

• Like 1

@Happy2Play Thanks for verifying that I'm not insane.

I'm not sure how it would benefit adding another server log, there's really nothing interesting going on in the logs other than what I showed before. Maybe you could try "fake adding" the same movie I had issues with, then see if your Emby installation tries the same pt-BR URL? The necessary information should be in the previously attached log.

I also want to add that I think the pt-BR thing was a red herring, and I don't think that's the issue. Even after I've manually fixed that movie, the trailers still fail.

Junglejim
34 minutes ago, Denino said:

I also want to add that I think the pt-BR thing was a red herring, and I don't think that's the issue. Even after I've manually fixed that movie, the trailers still fail.

Interesting, it would be good to know where this "pt-BR" is coming from though.

When you say "manually fixed that movie, the trailers still fail" you mean the poster image is still missing?

Can you play the trailer?

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

Interesting, it would be good to know where this "pt-BR" is coming from though.

When you say "manually fixed that movie, the trailers still fail" you mean the poster image is still missing?

Can you play the trailer?

Okay, so there might be some confusion here, so let me clarify for everyone :)

Issue #1, which I think is unrelated to the trailer issue, let's call this THE MOVIE ISSUE:

• The pt-BR issue came from trying to download metadata about a movie, not a trailer. There is no trailer for it in my Emby, never was!
  • The movie was not automatically populated by a TMDB ID when looking at its metadata. There was, however, an IMDB ID, and a TVDB ID.
  • When I manually entered the TMDB ID of the movie into its metadata, the TMDB metadata was successfully downloaded. I described it in this comment I made earlier.
  • The only connection I can find to "pt-BR" in relation to this poster is this:
    1. The movie is originally Norwegian/Danish, not sure exactly.
    2. I am in Sweden, and I prefer Sweden/Swedish metadata.
    3. TVDB has a translation of the movie title to Brazilian Portuguese, but not Swedish. It also has translations to English and a few other languages.
    4. Maybe there is some sort of "order of preference" thing that's missing in code?

Issue #2, which I originally wanted help with, let's call this THE TRAILER ISSUE:

• Most trailers provided by the Trailer plugin in Emby lack poster images. This is the case both in the trailer listing pages and in the trailer details pages.
  • The logs show remote GET requests being made to fetch the posters of the trailers that have posters. No GET requests are being made for the trailers that lack posters. This would be an indication to me that the trailer metadata lacks poster URLs. I don't know where the trailer metadata is being fetched from originally, but wherever it is, the poster URL metadata is not found by Emby.
  • Whenever I say that trailers are failing, in any context, I'm saying that most trailers lack poster images. I looks something like in the attached image.
    image.thumb.png.7bf71639f30ffca4439bd8084fd9a479.png

• 2 weeks later...
mike3821

I had an issue with my Emby install a couple weeks back and had to do a restore.

Since then the Trailers plugin has been messed up. I've tried reinstalling and giving it a couple days, but the album art is missing for everything.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? @mike3821

• 3 weeks later...
hustlehard

I having the same issue.  I added an log file. It's been going on about an month. I was waiting for the next server / app update to see if it was fixed, but I'm still getting the same thing. 

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Junglejim
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's resolved for the next release of the server. Thanks.

@Luke Hi mate, just a quick question. How often does the Trailers channel update it's content?

My channel has been good for a few months but today it updated and now I see the problems stated above (no images/meta). Great to here that you have a fix in the works. 👍

Cheers

Edited by Junglejim