pc power management with server

Mahtan

Hello,

I use a mini pc to run my emby server. I would like to know the configuration to apply on Windows 10 so that it is optimized in electricity. I wish it would just start When a client makes a network request to read a file. I would like the rest of the time my windows pc is on standby ready to receive a request. I emby first I don't know If it is a condition to have a standby server.

Thank you

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, Mahtan said:

Hello,

I use a mini pc to run my emby server. I would like to know the configuration to apply on Windows 10 so that it is optimized in electricity. I wish it would just start When a client makes a network request to read a file. I would like the rest of the time my windows pc is on standby ready to receive a request. I emby first I don't know If it is a condition to have a standby server.

Thank you

It may be possible to have an Emby server with full power management but I doubt it would be possible without a LOT of compromises.

However I believe that PC power management is little more than a placebo. Even with a full sized older PC it does not really draw that much power. The only thing I allow Windows to turn off is my monitor and, as of now, I do not even have a monitor connected to my server.

Also powering drives on and off actually reduces their life and the same can be said for the PC itself.

All in all if you are looking for ways to save power you should look elsewhere than your Emby server.