Trailers now being used as suggestions -

Heckler
Go to solution Solved by techywarrior,

Heckler

Since the update last night I've noticed that trailers are now being used in the suggestions list... Because I watched a trailer, it's now offering suggestions based on those.

The thing is... I really don't want that happening. I watch trailers to see what's coming up and I may dislike a trailer, or I simply may not be interested in that film or films like it... So I can't see how this is useful to me, and I can't see any way to stop it from doing that.

I want it to show suggestions for movies that I have in my collection, only based on films I have watched from my collection. Instead I am seeing suggestions for trailers based up other trailers I have watched... and I've been testing it for the last 30 mins or so to see what happens.

The image below is just one example where I managed to get it to show only movies in my collection, but the directed by Joss Whedon section (which is partly cut off) shows a movie in my collection and a trailer, whilst below that it's showing movies and trailers staring Chris Evans

It didn't display this kind of behaviour before the update, and I don't find it useful at all... In fact for my use it's made a useful section unusable.

suggestionstrailersadded.JPG

• Solution
techywarrior

Go to your users settings. There is an option to display trailers in movie suggestions (in the display tab, 70% down the page). Uncheck it. Save.

• Like 3

Heckler

Cheers  @@techywarrior it's hidden away via the link in the pic below... Should anyone else be looking for it.

No wonder I couldn't find it.   :)

After each update things move, get added or taken away... it's hard to keep up.  :)

userprefs.JPG

Edited by Heckler

techywarrior

Well, you could also just go to the web client and click on your user image in the top right corner and click on "my preferences"

yea it's really a personal preference so that's why it's not part of the admin panel. 

however, i understand some admins would like to dictate these preferences for their users so that's why the link is there to allow you to do that.

• Like 1

Heckler

Well, you could also just go to the web client and click on your user image in the top right corner and click on "my preferences"

Yes... but that would involve changing the habits I've acquired since I started using MBS... it takes time to adjust to new ways.... and occasionally you don't even notice some things... like that user icon in the corner... and then wonder... just how long has that been there and why have I never noticed/clicked it before.   :P

yea it's really a personal preference so that's why it's not part of the admin panel. 

however, i understand some admins would like to dictate these preferences for their users so that's why the link is there to allow you to do that.

That whole section is completely new to me, first time I'd ever been told about it... I'm hoping that it was introduced very recently and I hadn't caught up yet.  :)

• 1 year later...
barrettuk

I guess this setting move again? I really would like to turn off trailers showing in the recommendation (because you watched) views but I don't see anything in the user proiles nor admin where this is set, please point me to the right place?

Thank you

Happy2Play

It doesn't exist anymore, in your Emby-Server\config\users/xxxxxxxx/config.xml you can see <IncludeTrailersInSuggestions>true</IncludeTrailersInSuggestions> but that is not used anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
Alceste

I have a similar problem: I would like to see trailers being marked as trailers. Right now I never know whether I am facing a trailer or a movie. Is there any way to do this without using cover art?

Happy2Play

I have a similar problem: I would like to see trailers being marked as trailers. Right now I never know whether I am facing a trailer or a movie. Is there any way to do this without using cover art?

Sure it will add a Trailer label cover.

57a0edd795d87_ca.jpg