No Album Art for some Albums

SilverTiger46

SilverTiger46

Like some others, I was trying to use Emby to replace Plex.  I want to use embedded metadata only.  I don't seem to get album art on a consistent basis.  I get a nice round white "target" instead of the art.  If I click the box, I can see the songs and they play, just no pic.  I created a test library with only one album after recreating everything and will attach a log file.  I can't use Emby unless I can figure this out.  When I created the library, I turned off everything pretty much except for Import Playlist Files, Realtime Monitoring and Screen Grabber.  I tried turning on "Image Extractor" but no help.  My library is "Perfectly Organized" and mostly work with Plex.  Thanks for and help.

embyserver.txt

Hello SilverTiger46,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

SilverTiger46

Not sure what you mean by "go over".  I think most of the info is in the log file.  In any case, once this happens with my full collection, which is fairly large, Emby seems to go crazy and all after that have no art plus I get crazy results, like "Thriller" having Vincent Price as the artist.  I don't even know where this is coming from.  What I sent was a test using the first album that causes this.  I can redo the whole collection and send that log file if you wish.  

SilverTiger46

One other thing I should have said is that there are a few that are missing the art in the beginning of my library view, but after it reaches "Toby Keith Greatest Hits 2", there are zero that have artwork, and the craziness begins.

I installed Emby by simply downloading the zip file, unzipping and then running the server.  I DID NOT install it on the system drive, if that matters.  I occurred to me that maybe Plex was the issue, so I stopped the Plex server and redid the whole deal from scratch with the same result.  The same files work with Plex (except for their latest stupid "upgrade").  I also did a CHKDSK on the disk holding the files and it found no errors in the file system.  I'm pretty sure this is something related to my system, but I don't know where to look.  I see you have your own copy of ffmpeg, so I don't think that's an issue.  I have ffmpeg's all over the place.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:20 AM, SilverTiger46 said:

Not sure what you mean by "go over".  I think most of the info is in the log file.  In any case, once this happens with my full collection, which is fairly large, Emby seems to go crazy and all after that have no art plus I get crazy results, like "Thriller" having Vincent Price as the artist.  I don't even know where this is coming from.  What I sent was a test using the first album that causes this.  I can redo the whole collection and send that log file if you wish.  

Can you please show a screenshot example of what "crazy results" looks like? Thanks.

SilverTiger46

Sorry, Luke.  I gave up and went back to Plex.  These are the EXACT same files, and Plex has no issues.  All of the ART shows.  However, for the sake of others, I will re-install EMBY and show you.  Stay tuned.

SilverTiger46

OK, so I owe Luke an apology as most of this was on me.  It turns out that I had a ton of .jpg files floating around in my music library folders.  This library has existed for a long time, and I have no clue how they got there.  Plex apparently just ignores them.  Emby apparently not only does not ignore them, but it won't scan correctly if they are there.  I had a couple of false starts for one reason or another, but here's what I did:

1. Searched at the highest level of my music file tree for *.jpg

2. Ctrl-A to select them all and then deleted them.

3. Reinstalled EMBY from the "portable" package.  Started the Emby Server and did the username and language stuff.

4. Went into settings>library and created a new music library using the highest-level folder for my library files only.

5. Set the structure to the first "Pefectly...".  It has to be this way for Plex.

6. Left the language boxes blank; checked "Import playlist files" and "Real Time Monitoring"

7. Checked "Image Extractor" and "Screen Grabber".  Left ALL other check boxes unchecked.  Not sure from one of Luke's posts that "Image Extractor" was needed.

After this, I did a "Scan Library Files".  For some reason, it was very quick, and I got only three albums.  I think this may be some kind of bug.  I simply did Scan Library Files again.  This time it ran a long time, and all of my albums and art are there and seem correct. I restarted the server for good measure.

So, now I'm back to testing Emby.  Playlists are next.

Luke, I can still send screen shots, but I don't think that's needed anymore.  The "wierdness" was caused by "Thriller".  There are some informational tracks at the end that had the speaker as the album artist.  I changed all of those to clean it up.

OK, so I owe Luke an apology as most of this was on me.  It turns out that I had a ton of .jpg files floating around in my music library folders.  This library has existed for a long time, and I have no clue how they got there.  Plex apparently just ignores them.  Emby apparently not only does not ignore them, but it won't scan correctly if they are there.  I had a couple of false starts for one reason or another, but here's what I did:

Hi, can you please provide an example? What do you mean by won't scan correctly? It shouldn't cause any problem other than the fact that the server will end up using those images.

Thanks.

SilverTiger46

You are correct, it did not cause a problem.  However, it quickly did 3 albums, then said it was done.  I started it again and it finished.  I have quite a few albums, so it cranked for a while but got it all correct.  I just don't really know why it does this quick scan and then stops.  It seems kind of random as to where it quits the first time, and always seems to finish the second time.  

BTW, I have no use for Premiere, but I would like to make a contribution.  I used to be a developer, so I want to kick in something.  Is there a link?  I can't find anything that tells me how to do this.  I loaded up all my movies, tv shows and playlists.  They all work just fine.  Going to dump Plex.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
35 minutes ago, SilverTiger46 said:

I would like to make a contribution.  I used to be a developer, so I want to kick in something.  Is there a link?

Unfortunately Emby can't accept donations.

Posts from older topics

On 1/16/2018 at 5:37 PM, Luke said:

It violates the policy of many of the app stores. The best thing to do is just repurchase emby premiere and then just immediately cancel the recurring charge.

Thanks for your support !

On 1/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, ebr said:

And our payment providers.

The issue is that a "commercial" operation accepting something called a "donation" potentially looks deceptive from the point of view of the customer so they will not allow it.

SilverTiger46

OK, well I don't understand, but you guys know.  Seems crazy that a "free" product cannot accept donations.  Maybe I'll take the "premiere" route for a while even though I don't need it.  I already have a PVR and I really don't want or need to run EMBY on a phone.  Thanks for the info.

Walt

• Thanks 1