Android shuffle and filtering

mostynL

mostynL

On the Emby web interface, the shuffle button works great. One thing I like to do is to list albums by release date, filter to 2022, then shuffle. It will play random songs from all the albums listed there.

The only way Android Emby shuffles as expected is if I create a playlist and shuffle it. 

My main view is almost listed by release date and filtered to a year. Shuffle will randomly pick an album (not song), and play the album from track 1. I can't figure out if there is a control that toggles between album and song.

Another way (and the original reason I bought Emby) was to shuffle Downloaded content. Shuffle will pick only one random song from all downloaded content.

The last issue I want to bring up with Android is the year filter-- I have music from at least 60 years + (ie from 1920s through 2022). The drop down lists all the years--on the web version I can filter correctly. But from Android, I can only see years listed from early 1900's through 1946. Therefore I can't filter by year to later years in Android.

So, hoping either it's me or the software but I look forward to keep using Emby. Thanks!

I have the app Emby for Android v 3.2.62

• 3 weeks later...

The last issue I want to bring up with Android is the year filter-- I have music from at least 60 years + (ie from 1920s through 2022). The drop down lists all the years--on the web version I can filter correctly. But from Android, I can only see years listed from early 1900's through 1946. Therefore I can't filter by year to later years in Android.

Hi, this is resolved in the next update to the Emby Android app.

My main view is almost listed by release date and filtered to a year. Shuffle will randomly pick an album (not song), and play the album from track 1. I can't figure out if there is a control that toggles between album and song.

HI, is this downloaded content, or playback from the server?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The year list looks great on the android, thank you!

From the "Downloads" view, touching Shuffle will randomize songs but only add one song in the playlist.

Edited by mostynL

4 hours ago, mostynL said:

Hi,

The year list looks great on the android, thank you!

From the "Downloads" view, touching Shuffle will randomize songs but only add one song in the playlist.

HI, what year list are you referring to?

18 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what year list are you referring to?

This is referring to the drop down list of years that can be filtered that you wrote would be fixed in the next release. Apparently it is fixed now and it's magnificent!

• Thanks 1