Download series, then play

slevin7

slevin7

Hello,
I recently had the pleasure of being in a place where the internet is great, but you only connected to the WWW every few minutes. 
I suppose too many people on one router.
Anyway, using Emby as a stream didn't work out, the internet was just too bad for that. Since I had watched a series, I just downloaded it via emby and everything was fine.
Since my Ipad had hardly any memory, it was a "I watch an episode, I delete an episode, I download an episode, I watch an episode" thing.

I would love it if you could tell any emby app "this is the series I'm watching, take care of the downlod in the background".

So the emby app deletes an episode when it is watched, but downloads the episode afterwards.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi, you can already do this. When you setup the download job on the series, check the two boxes:

• Download unplayed only
  • Automatically download new content

Yeah, I don't think existing functionality actually covers what you are asking for as you are wanting a sort of "just in time" download so that only 1-2 are ever on the device and the second one is ready right after you finish the first.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, slevin7 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, but doesn't emby then load all unseen episodes instead of "just" the next 2?

Not if you combine that with the item limit option.

• Like 1

slevin7

Thanks Luke,
I admit I had never seen this setting before. 
That helps a lot. The idea with the "just in time" download is still quite good, I think 🙂

• Thanks 1