Videos from webapp are too dark.

nowox

When I play the movies from my Smart TV everything is ok. When I use the original file with VLC everything is ok, but when I play over Empy web app, all my movies looks too dark, almost impossible to watch. See attached image. 

Is it possible to solve this issue?

Screenshot 2022-08-22 190315.png

Happy2Play

Looking at the image this is HDR10/Dolby Vision media correct?

What is the playback method?  Is this possible the ToneMapping Algorithm?

Please provide server and ffmpeg log if present.

I'm sorry I was mistaken. It's the android app where this has been reported before, not the web app.

• 1 month later...
Rubbinio

I am seeing this as well on 4.8.0.10 Beta. The issues appears to be, from what i am seeing, that when playing back there is this div overlayed over everything: 

<div class="backgroundContainer withBackdrop backgroundContainer-transparent"></div>

with this css

.backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6)!important;
}

As soon as I remove this Div or change the CSS in the browsers the playback is normal

2 minutes ago, Rubbinio said:

I am seeing this as well on 4.8.0.10 Beta. The issues appears to be, from what i am seeing, that when playing back there is this div overlayed over everything: 

<div class="backgroundContainer withBackdrop backgroundContainer-transparent"></div>

with this css

.backgroundContainer.withBackdrop {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6)!important;
}

As soon as I remove this Div or change the CSS in the browsers the playback is normal

Hi, I don't think we have any css rules doing that. Do you have any custom css applied? If you do, try removing it.

Happy2Play

Do you have any custom css as default on OSD.

image.png.e7a7c436e6e118b7e9cc324e0d99d6ae.png

Edited by Happy2Play

Rubbinio

Interesting. It is one of my custom CSS rules but i have had those for a few years now (hence why it never crossed my mind that would be it) and this only started happening since the last update. I removed it but curious as to what changed if anything.

Happy2Play

Dev is continuously changing code so custom css will break from version to version.