Can not login/add server outside local network

stefsegers

stefsegers

Hi all,

For some reason I can not add a server with IP/domain or use Emby connect when I am outside my local network. The port 8096 is open and I am using the latest Emby server on my Synology DS3617xs.

When I login locally and then go outside the local network when the app is still open, I can not browse anything anymore (so connection is lost)

What am I missing here?

Happy2Play

How long did you wait?  As it does take some time transitioning from LAN to WAN.

I just tested this, and it took say 20+ seconds to transition.

stefsegers

When I try to login I am getting the error instantly.

the local to wan problem also does not matter how long I wait.1 sec 1 minutes of 1 hour still leaves everything empty

• 2 weeks later...
stefsegers

Hi Luke, when I go to app.emby.media with the browser everything works fine. But using the Emby app on IOS I can not connect.

I tried to use the connection that I already have from my local network, and tried a Emby Connect (will not connect).Adding a new server using my IP from home with open port also won't connect.

any tips I can do 

Hi Luke, when I go to app.emby.media with the browser everything works fine.

Hi, were you outside your local network when you tested this?

• 3 weeks later...
stefsegers

I have an update… uninstalled the app and after install it worked somewhat

outside it is still a bit buggy and when I want to browse for music and want to play something it won’t work.

carplay same problem

On 9/20/2022 at 1:02 AM, stefsegers said:

I have an update… uninstalled the app and after install it worked somewhat

outside it is still a bit buggy and when I want to browse for music and want to play something it won’t work.

carplay same problem

@stefsegers 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

stefsegers

Hi Luke, for some reason these couple of days it seems to work.

The only thing that does not work smoothly. When I want to browse through the library and it is sometimes work and sometimes it does not.

When I then find a mp3 to stream and click it, it sometimes starts to play and sometimes it does nothing. When I switch to Spotify, to make sure my 5g is working correctly, it will start instantly.

Should I make a small movie to show what I mean?

11 hours ago, stefsegers said:

Hi Luke, for some reason these couple of days it seems to work.

The only thing that does not work smoothly. When I want to browse through the library and it is sometimes work and sometimes it does not.

When I then find a mp3 to stream and click it, it sometimes starts to play and sometimes it does nothing. When I switch to Spotify, to make sure my 5g is working correctly, it will start instantly.

Should I make a small movie to show what I mean?

Can you start by providing the information requested in my link above? Thanks.