Skipping and jerky vision

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Hi, I have been reading other forum posts but I am can't see a clear answer except that you are working on it. Since the last update only some of my files are becoming jumpy and it gets so bad that I can't watch the show so I end up watching in Plex.

Are you trying to fix the problem with Apple TV playback? I have tested my files on 3 different computers running from the Apple App and Safari Web interface, I have tried in Quicktime and VLC and the files play perfectly but from 90 seconds into the file on Apple TV it starts to jump and and then falls behind.

Any thoughts?

Hi, yes please try again with the next app update and let us know how that compares.. Thanks.

KLF&TLF

I am up to date with software. So trying to figure this out I’ve tried to work backwards. 
i have 3 x 4Tb drives. Thinking that maybe the capacity was my problem I checked all have 2Tb available so I should be good but I am going to buy a new raid and move it to something much bigger in size.

I can’t say it’s one drive either because I don’t have it all the time. So my example yesterday and today are 

The Outlaws S02E05 and The Chef Show S02E04. As I said I’ve tried the same file on other devices and other playback options and I don’t get the jumping/jerky issues. This is what lead me to think it was drive related. But I have watched The Outlaws S02E06 (same drive and folder as E05) no problem. I’ve even watched another series from the same drive without issues. 
I’ve even thought is it the file type so I downloaded a mp4, mkv and an avi of Outlaws S02E05 and it’s the same thing but in different places. 
I am at a loss

vdatanet
38 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

I am up to date with software

I think @Luke is referring to the next version that hasn't been released yet.