Emby stops playing after a minute

sof006

Hi, I believe this is my first time posting on these forums.

I have been using Emby for a little while and had no major issues, lately i've gotten a 4K TV and would like to stream 4K content to it via Emby.

Thought it would be straight forward but seems to not be so, after about a minute of playing the stream stops and appears to have frozen. If I look at Emby dashboard and I can see the stream is there and the transcoding is still going.

As of typing this the transcoding is miles ahead of the video but the video is showing paused at 1:05 and won't continue no matter how much I unpause or scrub along the video. This can seemingly happen anywhere in the movie, I could start it 5 minutes in and roughly a minute later it'll happen again. 

I have attached a log of the transcode but I am not sure this is the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

ffmpeg-transcode-9a8b7eac-404b-47a9-b2fb-09410d2384cc_1.txt

Hello sof006,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, this transcode log is from Chrome on Windows. Are you sure that's the one from your 4K TV? What kind of TV?

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this transcode log is from Chrome on Windows. Are you sure that's the one from your 4K TV? What kind of TV?

Hello, sorry I should have mentioned. The TV has a Mini PC capable of outputting 4K plugged into the TV, I use Chrome on the Mini PC.

What I have just discovered is that if I'm using the mobile app on my phone and play with 4K the video doesn't get transcoded and plays direct instead, and as a result doesn't appear to stop playing. 

• 1 month later...