Firestick app issues with cloudflare tunnel

markbolwell
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

markbolwell

So iv been looking for a solution I can't seem to it any where I have emby on a cloudflare tunnel and is working great the emby android app works great however my dad's firestick can't connect anymore iv had a look and removed the ports as its no longer needed which I did with the android app but still isn't working so I'm wondering is this an issue with the firetv app given the android app works no connection logs appear either when trying to login on the firetv and the usal logs appear via the android app and Web is there something I'm missing 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:08 PM, markbolwell said:

So iv been looking for a solution I can't seem to it any where I have emby on a cloudflare tunnel and is working great the emby android app works great however my dad's firestick can't connect anymore iv had a look and removed the ports as its no longer needed which I did with the android app but still isn't working so I'm wondering is this an issue with the firetv app given the android app works no connection logs appear either when trying to login on the firetv and the usal logs appear via the android app and Web is there something I'm missing 

You may not need to enter the ports if they are 80 or 443 using a browser but it's a good idea to always use it.

I would setup a manual server enter https://emby.yourdomain.com 443 or whatever happens to be your config on the FireTV as that should work.

I've got several Firesticks accessing my system that goes through Cloudflare.

Let us know if that helps,

Carlo

markbolwell

Iv avoided doing doing that as port 443 is already in use plus the added headache of installing the certs every three months the tunnel is avoiding all that and avoids the need to open ports at all I'm just puzzled to why it's working perfectly fine on the android app and on my nvidia shield and via the Web but the only app not to work is the fire TV app but I did try adding the port on the fire TV and was still getting the same error can not connect to server iv being trying a stick iv got at home same problem can't connect full disclosure I'm using the new clouflare zero trust tunnel formally argo tunnel 

markbolwell

Yeah I had a look at this last year and decided against using the argo tunnel but this new cloudflare tunnel https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/products/tunnel/ seemed to make sense for me and as its only exposing a local resource to the Web with out ports and certs and there it's less of a headache well nearly less of a headache but that said its only the firetv app not working android app for mobile my nvidia shield and from a browser all works fine just really odd

markbolwell

I went to try that the other week but noticed amazon's latest update has removed the developer options and allowing unknown sources they seem to be cracking down on side loading 

markbolwell

Well turns out all they've done after the update was turn off developer mode just switch it back on and will side load the android app instead will let you know the result 

markbolwell

Sideloading the standard android app has solved the connection issue not sure what the issue is with the app from the amazon app store 

• Thanks 1