Beast Mode Hardware- Help building out a new system

voodoomurphy

rbjtech
10 hours ago, GiGo said:

Oooo OK. That's interesting, I'll take a look at the settings on this TV, my 4k TV supports EAC3 and I had to change a setting or two. This TV just supports dolby and with the Roku I believed it just passed through the audio, I swear I read that the Roku 4k did that, I'll check the settings. 

EDIT: looking at that link, it says a Roku doesn't support Surround Sound so it needs to be connected to an AVR etc.. The issues I'm having are with EAC3 5.1  which I didn't make clear above. 

You need to look at the settings on the TV - they may on on the HDMI input that you plug the Roku into.

You basically want to force it to Stereo.

If there are no such settings, then you may be out of luck and need to rely on Emby doing the conversion for you - but even then, I would be very surprised if this was too much for your i3-3120M as this is more than capable of doing this with ease.

GiGo
On 26/06/2023 at 09:20, rbjtech said:

You need to look at the settings on the TV - they may on on the HDMI input that you plug the Roku into.

You basically want to force it to Stereo.

If there are no such settings, then you may be out of luck and need to rely on Emby doing the conversion for you - but even then, I would be very surprised if this was too much for your i3-3120M as this is more than capable of doing this with ease.

I've looked on the TV, have forced everything to Stereo and also on the Roku. The laptop still likes to transcode. 

I did have a period on Tuesday when the laptop transcoded at a decent rate and I didn't experience any issues. I'm guessing the laptop is running some processes in the background so will have a look and see what I can disable/stop running to see if I can get it working OK. It did seem to struggle when it was scanning my library and the period I had off fine transcoding I don't believe iit was scanning my library. I will take a look.