Television episodes not getting title from metadata

chowbok

chowbok

I have it set to import titles from the metadata of files if it can't find online info, but it still sets the title of imported episodes to the filename. Is this a bug, or is that behavior only supposed to apply to movies?

chowbok

I created a directory for "Silly Symphonies" and added it as a TV show (really a movie series, but it still works). I had, for instance, a file called "s1929e01 - The Skeleton Dance.mkv". In the metadata, the film's title was set to "The Skeleton Dance". When I scanned the directory for new files, the episode showed up with the name "s1929e01 - The Skeleton Dance" and it should have just named it "The Skeleton Dance". Or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

We don't parse the episode title out of the file name, so that only happens if it was able to get the title from internet metadata using the season and episode number.

chowbok

You've completely confused me now. I don't understand what you mean.

It did get the episode title from the filename. It wouldn't have gotten "s1929e01 - The Skeleton Dance" from the internet.

chowbok

But the title is inside the video file. I've edited the MKV metadata so that the movie name is "The Skeleton Dance".

chowbok

I turned off the "Prefer embedded titles" option and turned it back on and that fixed it. Sorry, guess I should have tried that before...