Comcut problem "Shared object "libavdevice.so.59" not found"

Baenwort

Baenwort

So I've been using Comcut for a while as part of my post recording script and I've been having the following error since I switched from using the package install of ffmpeg and switched to using the Emby bundled ffmpeg.

ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libavdevice.so.59" not found, required by "ffmpeg"

is the error it gives right before it starts cutting out the commercials and putting everything back together.

I've tried for a while to try and find the solution but I've been stymied and wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue? From this blog post: https://blog.roberthallam.org/2021/06/ffmpeg-error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libavdevice-so-59-cannot-open-shared-object-file-no-such-file-or-directory/ it seems the issue is in how Emby's ffmpeg is compiled?

Anyone have any solutions? I'm on Emby 4.7.6 in a FreeBSD 13.1 jail on TrueNAS-13.0-U1.1 as I only run the beta to test when I have more time to troubleshoot. During the summer no one will tolerate the Emby server being down while I am at work. 

Baenwort
/usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -loglevel error -nostdin -i "$infile" -ss $start -t $duration -c copy -y "$chapterfile"
/usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -loglevel error -nostdin -f concat -safe 0 -i "$showfile" -c copy -y "$outfile"

These are just two examples but they all call the emby-server ffmpeg. If I change it to just call ffmpeg and install the ffmpeg package then I don't get the error.

alucryd

It's not a compile issue, this a side effect of keeping it separate from the system, especially from an already installed ffmpeg. Using the following should do the trick:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/emby-server/lib /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -loglevel error -nostdin -i "$infile" -ss $start -t $duration -c copy -y "$chapterfile"

• Like 1