Library - view who has access?

pir8radio

pir8radio

Hi I have quite a few emby users,  I also keep my personal phone pictures on my emby server.    Its getting tough to manage my users and make sure they have the correct access.  Is there an option somewhere I am missing to click a library or something and view the list of users that have access to that library?     Right now i have to go into every user, then view their access, meh..        I would love to just be able to see who has access to view my personal pictures (as one example) and view a list of users that have access to that particular library. 

• Agree 3

Happy2Play

@pir8radio Not that I know of.

Only way I can think of is the api UserService /Users/Query as it gives you all users config/policy info.  Then reference the specific library id.  Looks like you will have to do additional cross checking with the change from QUID to ID via LibraryService /library/mediafolders for the library.

• Like 1

A revamp of user management is needed at some point, so this is good feedback to keep in mind.

• Like 2

seanbuff

Agreed. We are desperately in need of a table-like view of library access, as @pir8radio says it gets quite cumbersome to manage with more users

A flat view like this would be much easier to review at a glance:

image.thumb.png.9e107039cd2d07701fb97158952d6c51.png

Edited by seanbuff
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Agreed. We are desperately in need of a table-like view of library access, as @pir8radio says it gets quite cumbersome to manage with more users

A flat view like this would be much easier to review at a glance:

image.thumb.png.9e107039cd2d07701fb97158952d6c51.png

This is a great idea but it would have to be even more complex than that.  Each check would need to be 3-state and clicking it will need to bring up another dialog allowing control of the individual folders.

pir8radio
8 hours ago, ebr said:

This is a great idea but it would have to be even more complex than that.  Each check would need to be 3-state and clicking it will need to bring up another dialog allowing control of the individual folders.

yea i can see where this could get hairy fast..     I'm thinking more like "Access profiles"   that you assign to users..      so just like the current emby security pages for users but i create a profile.       Guest,    Friends,   Parents       then i give all of my friends the "Friends" profile access.     but for the quick view,    I think i want to CLICK A LIBRARY and go to view access and just see   Joe, Bob, Mary, jeff, guest, mom       then i quickly know who all can see that particular library..  if that makes sense.

seanbuff
1 hour ago, pir8radio said:

but for the quick view,    I think i want to CLICK A LIBRARY and go to view access

yeah this is good, and should be available by default. But again, with a lot of libraries that can get quite tedious checking each library individually.

I still think a flat view of ALL libraries and ALL users would be handy to see at a glance who has access to what. I recently found a user that inadvertently had access to something they shouldn't have and this sort of view would have been it much easier to detect that instead of going into each users profile.