Continue Watching no longer on Home screen after upgrade to 4.7.5.0

Kgrev
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I hope someone can help me and that there is a simple solution to my problem as I cannot find anyone else reporting this issue so it must be one of my settings.

I use a Synology DS218play as my server running DSM 7.1-42261 Update 4 on which I run Emby version 4.7.6.0. I access Emby on various devices including iPad's and a LG TV.

Up until the upgrade 4.7.5 everything was perfect. On my Home screen in "Section 1" I had all my Libraries , and in "Section 2" an updated list of movies and TV episodes in the Continue Watching 

After I upgraded Emby to 4.7.5 the contents of "Section 2" are blank - ie the movies and TV episodes are no longer presented as Continue Watching.

I tried upgrading to 4.7.6 to see if that fixed the problem but still does not appear.  I saw a post about the "Continue Watching" had disappeared and the Member had to add the "Next Up" option which I tried but still does not appear. I cannot see any other posts indicating a problem in this area so I figure it must be my settings, so any suggestions of where to look would be gratefully appreciated.

Home Screen setup.JPG

Hello Kgrev,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi Luke,

If I watch a movie half way through. Or I watch a few episodes in a TV series with multiple episodes.

Normally the bottom section of the screen (either on the TV or on my iPad) is where the movies that have not been completed and the next episode of a TV series was previously displayed, since upgrading to 4.7.5  this area is now blank.

Thanks

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
visproduction

Subtitle config error happening about 10 times a second.  Perhaps would help if you fixed that.

2022-09-16 09:12:05.319 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://www.addic7ed.com/

Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No route to host (www.addic7ed.com:443)

Write permissions are limited for user.  This happened a lot.
line 4888

2022-09-16 13:28:34.844 Error ProviderManager: UnauthorizedAccessException: 
Emby Server is being write access to /volume1/video/TV Shows/Elementary/Elementary Season 3/Elementary S03E10 Seed Money-thumb.jpg. 
Please check your file permissions.

I have fixed the Subtitle errors by removing adic7ed, and checked all the permissions (there were a couple of folders with permission of "Custom" which I haver reset to "Read/Write").

Still hasn't fixed the problem unfortunately.

Thanks for suggesting some options though as I am not sure what else to do.

Hi Luke,

I haven't made any changes to these settings and have left them as defaulted for all my Libraries (see attached screenshot). I tried changing some of the settings but to no avail.

Keith

Resume settings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

@Kgrev can you review your home screen settings? Maybe you inadvertently excluded some libraries from being used in sections such as Continue Watching? Can you please show a screenshot of that? Thanks !

• Like 1

Thanks Luke, 

That's fixed it.

Not sure how those settings became unticked, but ticking them reinstated the Continue Watching.

Glad to say this issue is now closed.

Thanks for your patience and for keeping those suggestions and ideas coming, it is apprecaited.

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Locutus64
On 9/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, Normanos said:

Maybe using custom css? When I tried one custom css, can't remember witch one, also "Continue Watching" was gone.

Is this possibly what is happening? I'm running the beta and just noticed I do not have continue watching while it is on the app open on the TV.

EDIT: 

Just answered my own question. I just cut the CSS code and saved and Continue Watching is back. I'll make a post in the PLEX Inspired Theme thead to see if there is away I can fix this.

Edited by Locutus64

Locutus64
1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

I'd be surprised - but do you have any custom CSS?

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. That said see my edited post, cause yes it is the CSS code.