Why does Infuse & nPlayer play media from Emby Server smoothly but not

ng4ever

ng4ever

Why does Infuse & nPlayer play media from Emby Server smoothly but not the Emby app on a really old iPad. It is a iPad 5 th generation .

ng4ever
5 hours ago, Luke said:

@ng4ever

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Thanks but I am going to go against the grain if that makes sense and say that is not required in my opinion.

I think I figured out why now. Infuse and nPlayer play the file directly with both audio and video where Emby app does not.

pwhodges
21 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Thanks but I am going to go against the grain if that makes sense and say that is not required in my opinion.

Maybe with the logs they could suggest why the file is not playing directly, and why in turn that is making it choppy.

Saying that another program works may be an incentive to get an improvement worked on, but only if the developers can have a chance to see what is actually happening in your case.

Paul

ng4ever

The only reason I know it is the device not being powerful enough is it is with a old iPad 5 th generation where the problem is happening. On my iPad 8th generation Emby works great!

HI, we found the reason for the playback stutter in the recent app update and we'll get getting an update out to the store to resolve this as quickly as we can. Thanks.

• Like 1