NextPVR recording stopping prematurely

bishoph

bishoph

Hi - I'm running Emby version 4.7.6 on one PC (Windows 11 Home), and NextPVR v 5.2.7.220410 - on a separate Windows PC on my network (Windows 10 Pro) -.

I have the NextPVR plugin for Emby and am pointing it to the NPVR PC's LAN address (instead of localhost like if NPVR were on the same PC as my Emby).

Periodically, not every recording attempt through Emby but every say 5 or 6 attempts to record a live show, the stream from NPVR just stops and I can't tell if it's having an issue or Emby is.

I've attached my embyserver.txt file if anyone could look at toward the bottom - 15:59:20 for the trigger and start of my recording, and 16:05:08 it stopped (hour show that should have run until 17:00).

Could some sort of network congestion be causing the stream to be affected and Emby thinks it has stopped so it's stopping the recording?  Or what if the PC NPVR is running on has other processes running, could it affect the NPVR rendering?

Thanks in advance

embyserver.txt

emveepee

Did it actually record anything?  You'd need the zipped NextPVR logs but I suspect the problem is the length of time your tuner is taking to start recording.

2022-08-12 15:59:55.496 Info LiveTvService: Live stream opened after 25381.0765ms

Martin

bishoph

Hi Martin - I think I've figured out my issue, if NPVR was doing a guide update while also streaming to an Emby record request, it was causing the issue.  I had my NPVR guide updates set to go fairly often which I don't need, I'm focused on Emby and its guide and recording capabilities for everything now.  Thanks for weighing in!

emveepee

If you are using Emby doing guide updates on NextPVR isn't really necessary since you should be recording in Emby anyway.  If you are are also recording in NextPVR, NextPVR can steal live tuners from Emby and will cause issues.

Martin