Community Ratings with decimal place beyond Tenths

gjames50

gjames50

I'm having some strange behavior with some metadata after new media is added. Occasionally the community ratings will have 100ths and 1000ths. It displays correctly however when I go to edit save the metadata (changing some other setting/parameter) I get the error "Please enter a valid value. The two nearest valid values are X.X and X.X".

This is annoying as I then have to manually change the community rating to a tenths value then save.

I don't ever remember running into to this before.

Can Emby just automatically round these values so I don't have to manually do this? This only is an issue when I have to edit a particular piece of media that has a rating beyond the tenths.

See screenshot for example. Thank you.

Emby-Rating-Error-08-11-2022.png

Edited by gjames50

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, gjames50 said:

I'm having some strange behavior with some metadata after new media is added

This media shows it was added 6/26/2022 are you seeing this on any newly added media?

This has been reported a couple times and appear to be from a defect on previous nfo writer.  Unfortunately you have to Refresh Metadata or manually adjust the affected media.

gjames50
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This media shows it was added 6/26/2022 are you seeing this on any newly added media?

This has been reported a couple times and appear to be from a defect on previous nfo writer.  Unfortunately you have to Refresh Metadata or manually adjust the affected media.

I'm only noticing this on newly added media, because I only edit metadata on new media. I really don't know if it is happening with old media. This media was added today and I edited it today and I only had it happen maybe four times today. I've just never ran into this. 

Emby is fully updated. Not sure what changed as I didn't do anything that I haven't done in the past 5 to 10 years.

Happy2Play

@seanbuff Do you have a specific example and your metadata download order?

Also do you write nfo files with media?

Edited by Happy2Play

seanbuff
43 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@seanbuff Do you have a specific example and your metadata download order?

Also do you write nfo files with media?

Yup, 'Prey (2022)'

I just did a refresh of the metadata, and it pulled in this value just now

image.png.2d1ead814de36089b28c0bfea62002bd.png

My order:

image.png.4782942a1ae1dfa0331b8f92419e02cf.png

And yes, I do write NFO files.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

@seanbuff Thanks

@Lukeapi shows 8.23 but cache all-en.json shows 8.225 and all-alllang.json shows 8.246

"vote_average": 8.23, (api)

"vote_average": 8.225,

"vote_average": 8.246,

image.png.bac25b30bf663b611aee89e1a6277aff.png

Refreshed metadata

image.png.2528e69b685f217b175ee8e7bf61f0e9.png

image.png.a84a745448250fbfc26383459cdd2972.png

So is there a defect here in what is recorded Refreshed Today shown in all-en?

Junglejim
8 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Yup, 'Prey (2022)'

I just did a refresh of the metadata, and it pulled in this value just now

image.png.2d1ead814de36089b28c0bfea62002bd.png

My order:

image.png.4782942a1ae1dfa0331b8f92419e02cf.png

And yes, I do write NFO files.

Yep I've seen this a few times recently. Usually I check the metadata and manually correct it.

Screenshot_2022-08-12_19-17-33.thumb.png.47fffefd85b69da4e3b2d004cf2bbbfe.png

visproduction

TMDB is possibly delivering data with the full decimal and scraping code is not rounding to tenths.  The alert is set to warn for decimal values in hundreths.  So, maybe update the incoming script to round up to the nearest tenth in the dbase, so the averaging only happens once per rating.

Edited by visproduction

stephen_hill

Hello

I'm running Emby 4.7.6.0 on Debian.

The value automatically imported into the "Community Rating" field has a number of decimal places greater than the user interface allows. When editing the metadata of an affected entry, you must manually reduce the number of decimal places before you can save.

image.png.8e018ee0b53d5a3ac1bae79d77ad778f.png

The example above is for the move Arrival (2016). The imported community rating is 7.568 (3 decimal places), but when I try to save after making a unrelated change, I must manually adjust the rating. To be clear, the value "7.568" was automatically imported by Emby.

One of the following changes should be made to Emby

• Adjust the UI to accept more decimal places (up to the maximum allowed by the database)
  • or, round the value to 1 decimal place before importing into the database

Cheers
Stephen

• 3 weeks later...
visproduction

Looking inside all-allang.json files, I see the popularity shows up with mostly 3 digits.  I would guess imdb updated to add extra digits and that is causing the alerts which happen only when you open up metadata to edit.  It's more efficient to round up to one digit before it populates the .json files.  That way the math js only runs once. - Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
gjames50
On 9/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes we are looking into it. Thanks.

I'm not sure what progress has been made on this. I have noticed some improvements/changes on the server and web interface that appears to address this by rounding what is being displayed.

The only thing I have noticed is that it appears this hasn't been addressed on the Roku App. I'm still seeing digits beyond the tenths there.

I'm OK with the displays rounding as if this is how the data is being delivered from the metadata sources like IMDB. I'm just posting here today to let you know (if you don't already know) that at least on the Roku App it appears to still have the same issue.

Thanks for all the help!

• Thanks 1