Android TV app premiere needed?

Toxaris
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Toxaris

I installed the Android TV app on my TV, but it saying it is a trial. Is that correct? I am not using the premiere functionalities. The normal android app does not give that message and I cannot seem to find it on the site. For example, for the Windows client it is specified that playback will require Emby Premiere.

FrostByte

Look at the description in the Play store, it should mention a small fee is required to unlock for playback or Premiere if you want those functions.  

Toxaris

To be honest, I did not look at the Play store description on Android TV. Reason for that is that I also have it on my normal Android device (which does not have this restriction) and as the name is the same, I assumed it was the same application. On my Windows computer it is called Emby Theater, clearly identifying it as a separate product. Before installing (and going for Emby) I checked the website and there it is not specified that for the Android TV app a license is required to be useful. Like I said, for the Windows client this is specified on the website.

I did not check the feature matrix in the knowledge articles, I would have expected a link to that on the Emby Premiere site. Anyway, based on that matrix there is apparently an App Unlock feature. How does that work? I cannot find anything on that in the knowledge base.

FrostByte
4 hours ago, Toxaris said:

Anyway, based on that matrix there is apparently an App Unlock feature. How does that work? I cannot find anything on that in the knowledge base.

Click on your user icon at the top and there should be an option to purchase an Unlock.

Another option is that you could also try sideloading the standard Android app on your TV as it also has a TV mode.  I have both on my Shield.  Eventually the standard Android app and the Android TV app are both supposed to be in the store, but until then sideloading works.