Table display of recordings

SteveFintel

SteveFintel

When I enable table view of recordings (Emby Theater 3.0.15 but I've noticed this happens in Emby for Android 3.6.22 and Emby for iOS 2.2.3 as well), the Title field displays episode information rather than the title of the program. The only way I can display the show title is to include the filename field. Note this does not happen in Emby for Web 4.7.6.0.

See the attached screen capture from Emby Theater. The first entry is for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

image.thumb.png.70165ad59ee0fee5fd10cbad7a982ca9.png

Here's the same view from Emby Web 4.7.6.0 (there is no File Name field in Emby Web).

image.thumb.png.28c3385814b7ba9fe4eda40e1f53450e.png

Also note the last three recordings are shown with a date of 1/18/2022. The same recordings are shown in Emby Theater with a date of 8/9/2022 (the correct date).

Are these bugs or am I doing something wrong?

--Steve

SteveFintel

The title field that's displayed on Emby Web is what I'm after in all the other clients. Also what about the incorrect dates shown on Emby Web?

Edited by SteveFintel
Added informatin

SteveFintel

@Luke what about the incorrect dates shown on Emby Web? With this error, I can't keep my most recent recordings at the top of the list.

I would check the date and timezone settings of the client machine. The server sends the date down in UTC. the UTC date is then converted to a local date and this is dependent on the time zone being set correctly.

SteveFintel

@Luke I just checked the client machine, it's correct.  The time isn't hours off, it's month's off (January 18, 2022 vs. August 8, 2022). The first recording and the last recording in the list happened at the exact same time. Any other ideas?

Yes now i see the difference. The first screenshot is from the recordings list. Here you're looking at video files.

The second screenshot is from the Shows list. here you're looking at series groupings. So in this case the date added is the date you added the series.

SteveFintel

Thanks for that. So I do I get a list of recordings in table format sorted by newest to oldest recording date?

2 hours ago, SteveFintel said:

Thanks for that. So I do I get a list of recordings in table format sorted by newest to oldest recording date?

You can do that in the Recordings tab and sort by date added.

SteveFintel

I am sorting by date added. In the upper photo, all the dates are correct. In the lower one, the dates for the last 3 programs are from January. This is looking like a bug to me.

Didn't I already answer that? You're not looking at video files in the second screenshot. You're looking at series.

If you want something comparable to the first screenshot, try going into the live TV section.

SteveFintel

Sorry, it's confusing. To get to the second screen capture, I click Recordings from the main screen. I expect to be transported to recordings. You are correct if I go from Live TV and hit the recordings tab, I will see the programs displayed in the expected order (program titles still wrong, though). Is there any way to rename those icons on the home screen so they're less confusing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 9:31 PM, SteveFintel said:

Sorry, it's confusing. To get to the second screen capture, I click Recordings from the main screen. I expect to be transported to recordings. You are correct if I go from Live TV and hit the recordings tab, I will see the programs displayed in the expected order (program titles still wrong, though). Is there any way to rename those icons on the home screen so they're less confusing?

Hi, what is confusing, the table view, or my responses?

SteveFintel

Your answers are clear. It appears that there are two lists that are both named Recordings. Also, the various clients are reacting differently to the same stimulus and it's hard to keep the behaviors straight.