Emby for Android TV not playing properly

MachineLearning

MachineLearning

Hey there, thanks for the continuous effort for making emby the better media app.

It used to be fine for 2.0.70g, now for 2.077g whenever I play TrueHD, DTS, sometimes even AAC and flac, the app resorted to software decode instead. I have the 2 checkboxes for passthrough ticked. Most of the time the video won't olay at all, it's just stuck at the very first frame. I dont have external speakers, when it was 2.070g, truehd and dts etc would be software decoded, now either it plays choppy audio, or won't okay at all, no software decoding

I'm using 4K Skyworth suc7500 by the way. Funny thing however, the very same app works on my older Skyworth TV😂, also 4K HDR

Edited by MachineLearning
Add info

12 hours ago, MachineLearning said:

I dont have external speakers,

Hi.  In that case, you want to uncheck these options:

12 hours ago, MachineLearning said:

I have the 2 checkboxes for passthrough ticked

Please let us know if that solves your issue.

• Like 1

MachineLearning

Hey there, DTS MA, Dolby TrueHD, flac are fine now, AAC is still not working. The video would play like 1 second then stops right there. Thanks for pointing me out.

DTS MA and ad Dolby TrueHD triggered software decode whereas flac was direct playing as per stat for nerds

Edited by MachineLearning

MachineLearning

I did, so far so good, although the controls can be awkward at times

in the meantime, I'll try out the latest TV apk

On 8/12/2022 at 12:55 PM, MachineLearning said:

I did, so far so good, although the controls can be awkward at times

in the meantime, I'll try out the latest TV apk

Hi, what do you mean by the controls can be awkward?

MachineLearning

For example, when I long press OK on emby for android TV apk while playing video, the stats for nerds will pop up, said shortcut is not available for Emby Android mobile version, I had to toggle manually for stats for nerds to show

9 hours ago, MachineLearning said:

For example, when I long press OK on emby for android TV apk while playing video, the stats for nerds will pop up, said shortcut is not available for Emby Android mobile version, I had to toggle manually for stats for nerds to show

Is that the only thing? What else?

knitowskimedia
On 8/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Luke said:

Is that the only thing? What else?

I'm not the original poster but when you change a setting (like which audio track you want to play) the whole screen greys out.

2 hours ago, knitowskimedia said:

I'm not the original poster but when you change a setting (like which audio track you want to play) the whole screen greys out.

When does it gray out? Before or after changing the setting?

knitowskimedia
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

When does it gray out? Before or after changing the setting?

When you click the box to change the setting. The whole screen goes grey, with only the options in the middle. When you select an option it goes back to the show/movie info screen. I've also noticed that the standard Android app when used on Android TV will sometimes start playing the audio while remaining on the show/movie info screen. This will usually change to show the video as well after a couple seconds (in sync with the audio), but it sometime will just stay on the info screen. The device I'm using is the Chromecast with Google TV.

35 minutes ago, knitowskimedia said:

When you click the box to change the setting. The whole screen goes grey, with only the options in the middle. When you select an option it goes back to the show/movie info screen. I've also noticed that the standard Android app when used on Android TV will sometimes start playing the audio while remaining on the show/movie info screen. This will usually change to show the video as well after a couple seconds (in sync with the audio), but it sometime will just stay on the info screen. The device I'm using is the Chromecast with Google TV.

Is this during video playback, or before?