VBox TV Gateway "No compatible streams are currently available"

hetkoznap

hetkoznap

Hi Guys!

I'm having problem with most of my channels in Live TV.

My setup:

• Emby Server: Synology NAS (4.7.6.0, ARMv8, DSM 7)
  • Emby Player: Kodi with Emby for Kodi Next Gen app, running on an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
  • TV Tuner: VBox TV Gateway (not the android version)

I don't exactly know when the problem started because on a day-to-day basis I'm using Kodi's Live TV feature with VBox's Kodi app and it works fine. But if I try to watch live TV through the Emby android app, Emby Windows app or a web browser I get the following error message: "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

It was working fine before because I used the Emby android app to watch TV but now it doesn't work. Sometimes some channel loads fine but most of the time I get the error message.

PS: I don't know if it's a related problem or not but the VBox option from "Add TV source" is gone. I can use the M3U option (using ".../vboxSimpleIptv.m3u8") and the channels and guide informations are loaded fine.

PPS: The first time I encountered the error my server version was 4.7.5.0. I updated today to 4.7.6.0 but the error remained.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-210d802c-b4ff-41ea-8109-783a758754be_1.txt

iiiJoe

Ok. Can you pls explain how your vbox tuner is connected to your nvidia shield? Are you recasting over your network to the shield? Also curious as to why you’re using Kodi next gen app

hetkoznap
5 hours ago, iii2405 said:

Ok. Can you pls explain how your vbox tuner is connected to your nvidia shield? Are you recasting over your network to the shield? Also curious as to why you’re using Kodi next gen app

The VBox tuner is similar to a HDHomerun tuner: you connect your coax cable (from your TV provider's box) and an ethernet cable (from your network switch for example) to the VBox then you can use your browser/ios or android app/windows app etc to connect to it and watch live TV.

There's even a VBox addon for Kodi so I can connect to it through Kodi and watch live TV and it works fine, no problem there. But if I try to use either Emby's own android app or open up Emby in a browser on my windows pc I get the error so I don't think the problem has anything to do with Kodi. The channel list and guide is updated in Emby so that means it can read the VBox generated m3u and xml files.

The only reason I tried to use Emby for live TV is because in Emby I can save channel logos. Using the VBox Kodi appon I have no logos and it's bothering me.

I'm using Kodi with the Emby next gen addon because Kodi is faster than Emby's android app and I used Kodi for many years before and I like it better. I can also watch Netflix and HBO Max inside Kodi so my not so tech savvy girlfriend doesn't have to close one app and open another to watch a movie or TV show that is not in our Emby library.

hetkoznap

I'm looking at the ffmpeg log and there is an error:

21:47:29.354 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] decode_slice_header error
21:47:29.354 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] no frame!
21:47:29.451 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

What is a "decode_slice_header error"? Is it a cable TV provider problem or an Emby/ffmpeg problem?

On 8/15/2022 at 6:35 AM, hetkoznap said:

I'm looking at the ffmpeg log and there is an error:

21:47:29.354 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] decode_slice_header error
21:47:29.354 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] no frame!
21:47:29.451 [h264 @ 0x16daabf0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

What is a "decode_slice_header error"? Is it a cable TV provider problem or an Emby/ffmpeg problem?

Hi, as a test can you try the beta server and see how that compares? Thanks.

hetkoznap
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, as a test can you try the beta server and see how that compares? Thanks.

Hi Luke!

Updated to 4.8.0.8 but unfortunately the error remains.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-eeef769c-9b23-4d18-b56d-76bce0bbefb2_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c4b7952d-8fe6-4182-a654-e11c24731703_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3786756d-7f24-4629-ad7a-ad99004da7ad_1.txt

Edited by hetkoznap

• 4 weeks later...
hetkoznap
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Please try the next beta release as there will be a new ffmpeg build. Thanks.

All right, thank you! When will it be available?

hetkoznap

On 4.8.0.10 but still no dice...

I noticed that the SD channels are playing fine, I only get the ""No compatible streams are currently available" error if I try to watch any of the HD channels.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e45b4c5b-d389-4e7a-9c78-52cb1a37e211_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6b4aa262-447e-4de7-a97f-f638b90db1d1_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5e379ff8-4df0-4b4f-b85e-1bd7279fa8b8_1.txt

OK we'll have a new build up tomorrow most likely with a new ffmpeg build. Please try that once available and let me know how that compares. Thanks.