Eliminate Need to ReConnect on AppleTV Update

CACpatriot

CACpatriot

How can we eliminate the need to reconnect and select my Emby server when the AppleTV app is updated?

HI, is the server up and reachable at the time of opening the Emby Apple TV app? Because if it is then there should be nothing you need to do to have it remember your credentials and get right in.

1 hour ago, CACpatriot said:

Yes it is

It’s always up

As soon as I set it up again, it’s fine until the next app update

OK I'm not sure why that would be the case, but we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• 2 weeks later...
CACpatriot

Another day, another need to reconnect and add back my server to the Emby app on AppleTV

This time, the app does not appear to have been updated.

It seems that Emby simply does not save the setup and server details for very long.\

On an Apple TV this really sucks because data entry is so crippled with out a keyboard. If you roll your own server, as I have, and you use a good password; this exponentially harder.

It's making me hate Emby. I hope that is not your goal.

CACpatriot

I had loaded Infuse as my media player. But, I wanted to use the Emby app with my Emby server

I just reloaded Infuse. Not only does it work with Emby, it was still set up after having been deleted. That's they way it should work with the Emby app on Apple TV.

Hi, that's not normal. We'll take a look at it and try to chase down why that be happening for you. Thanks.