Ask the api whether transcoding is available/activated?

VernoxVernax

VernoxVernax

I've been clicking through swagger and google for some time now but can't really find any notes on if this is even a thing.

Is is possible to get information on whether transcoding is activated?

If I deactivate it and `get` the playbackinfo for some item SupportsTranscoding is set to true anyways.

While I'm already at it, what the hell is BitrateTest for? Isn't this like a speed test, or am I misunderstanding something again?

Edited by VernoxVernax
format #2

VernoxVernax

Found Policy in /Users/Id.

EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding is also set to true in here, even though transcoding is disabled.

I know all of my tests weren't really related to the transcoding option bool, since the above only checks whether the user has the rights and the one in playbackinfo, whether ffmpeg or whatever could work with it. Is there anything to what I'm looking for?

Edited by VernoxVernax

even though transcoding is disabled.

Hi, transcoding disabled where? We don't have any server-side option to completely disable transcoding.

VernoxVernax
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, transcoding disabled where? We don't have any server-side option to completely disable transcoding.

Initially I meant hardware encoding but that turned out to be irrelevant after I noticed that even my old cpu was able to encode a video without any problems.

But I'm serious, this is already my second post which I would've liked to delete afterwards.

Why delete it? This information might be helpful to others. Anyway you can use the /sessions api to find out if a playback session is transcoding or not. Does that help answer your original question?

VernoxVernax
On 7/31/2022 at 8:43 PM, Luke said:

Why delete it? This information might be helpful to others. Anyway you can use the /sessions api to find out if a playback session is transcoding or not. Does that help answer your original question?

That does indeed make sense.

Thank you for your assistance!

• Thanks 1