Add 2 minutes to every TV recording

Eddie

Eddie

I have a HDHR3-CC connected to emby 4.7.5.0 in a docker container and it works great

I would like to record a cartoon TV "The Loud House"

The cartoon TV show is every 30 minutes

The cartoon TV show seems to end though between 31 and 32 mark so i am always missing the last part of the show

How can i add 2 minutes to my recording...

I went to 

Live TV > Series > Clicked on the Series > Stop when Possible > 2 

It seems to now cut off the TV show 2 minutes earlier instead of add 2 minutes and make the total 32 minutes

I am now trying to use the value "-2" and see what happens

QUESTIONS #1

How can i record an extra 2 minutes worth of show to make sure i dont lose the ending

QUESTION #2

When the TV show comes on it will do like 5 episodes back to back to back

By making the TV show record an extra 2 minutes will that affect the 2nd recording of the TV show since its right after... 

Will my 2nd show get 2 minutes cut off or will it simultaneously record an extra 2 minutes of the 1st stream AND start the second stream at its normal 30 minute interval time

Thanks in Advance

Hi, you can record two extra minutes by adding 2 minutes of padding to the end of the recording. You can do this individually and/or set recording default options 

The back to back recordings should be fine. Please let us know how this goes. Thanks.

justinrh

Uh, Luke, isn't that what the OP said he tried?  He said it is subtracting instead of adding.

image.png.130e9406e36ed86374a8c00146e14c4f.png

@Eddie, if each show is 32min long, the 30min schedule can't hold.  Does the guide show the last show to start at 8min late?  Emby is going to start recording when the guide says the show should start (with whatever pre-padding you add).

The only way you can get this to work is if you have multiple tuners and Emby uses them to work around the padding.

It sounds like you need a negative pre-padding (start 2min late).

OK if you think the value is subtracting, then let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

emveepee
On 7/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, Luke said:

The back to back recordings should be fine. Please let us know how this goes. Thanks.

Back to back recordings on the same channel are fine but not  when then they are on a different channel.  I don't know about Emby tuners but PVR addon tuners are considered unlimited so if tuners are actually limited the start of second show will be delayed by the padding and probably one minute more because the new recording attempt is before the padded recording is stopped.  This was one of the negative impacts of the 4.7 change.

Martin

Eddie

Thank you all for the responses I must have missed the notification emails I will try these suggestions and get back to you the show only plays once or 2x a week

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Thank you all for the responses I must have missed the notification emails I will try these suggestions and get back to you the show only plays once or 2x a week

That would be great, thanks !