Trailers: disable blu-ray and netflix

SilverRubicon

that's only for cinema mode. i think he just doesn't want to see them when browsing the trailer channel

Starkadius

Ah I see it now. I haven't gone to the trailers channel since the last update. This is actually pretty nice but I can also see why one would want to disable portions of it, if for example some of us don't use Netflix.

542f72323820e_1.png

we will have to add a setting to the plugin to remove them at the source level. unfortunately that will also make them unavailable for cinema mode, recommendation lists, and other cool trailer features soon to come. 

Vidman

Yea but as Starkadius mentioned they are pointless if you don't use Netflix or the DVD can't be specific to your country/location

Crestj

I can see it's a nice idea but an option to disable would be very useful as, like others, I don't use, and never will, Netflix.

I was surprised when I saw these choices and think its pretty cool to be able to check dvd/bluray and netflix releases this way even though I'm not a member. Gives me ideas of other content we might like and might have missed coming out. Any chance of something similar for Amazon Instant Video?

• Like 1

SilverRubicon
Luke, on 04 Oct 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:Luke, on 04 Oct 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

we will have to add a setting to the plugin to remove them at the source level. unfortunately that will also make them unavailable for cinema mode, recommendation lists, and other cool trailer features soon to come. 

That's a complication but maybe it is more an indication that the settings need to be consolidated to single location.  Conundrum.

Edited by SilverRubicon

no, the trailers can actually come from multiple places besides the plugin, so the plugin needs to have it's own settings. even though you don't like the categories, they do contain popular movies, so by disabling you're missing out on them in your recommendations and cinema mode. but there will be a setting if that's what you you want to do.

It is going to get confusing though if the options are included in both the Cinema mode area and the plug-in.  If you turn them off in the plug-in then the Cinema mode options don't make sense (and should probably not be displayed).  But then, if you want to turn them back on, you will need to turn them back on in two places (potentially).

So it is a bit of a conundrum from a usability standpoint.