Upgrade from 4.5.4.0 to 4.6.4.0 fails - Missing dependencies

BFREEZY12

BFREEZY12

I'm running FreeBSD 11.2 and am attempting to update to 4.6.4.0 via shell from version 4.5.4.0. I've done an update via shell before successfully, but today I'm fighting an issue with some of the dependencies listed below.

I was initially stuck on the icu dependency, but I was able to do "pkg install icu". After trying to update again using the github address, I am now stuck at intel-media-sdk. For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to be in my list of packages. I get a return of "No packages available to install matching "insert dependency name" have been found in the repositories when trying to do "pkg install intel-media-sdk".  I've confirmed that I am tied to the "latest" set of packages from FreeBSD and not the quarterly. When I tried to run "pkg install "insert dependency name" for the list below, several returned with the the same error. 

pkg install libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus sqlite3 libtheora libva ocl-icd libvorbis webp libzvbi libraw ImageMagick6 tesseract intel-media-sdk libunwind libinotify openssl icu krb5

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there way to add another repository that may have all of the the needed packages? Is there a location where I can just grab one package that would contain them all? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

- B

HI, why are you trying to install 4.6 instead of 4.7? is it because you're still on FreeBSD 11.2?

BFREEZY12

Hey Luke,

Thanks for respond to this. I also tried 4.7.1, but had the same result. So I went back to 4.6.4 to see if it would help (read somewhere that that was the last consistently stable version with 11.2. 

I searched pretty hard for an intel-media-sdk package link, but can’t seem to find one. 

At this point I am thinking of just upgrading or starting over with TruesNAS 13.1. Thoughts? 

- B

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:19 PM, BFREEZY12 said:

Hey Luke,

Thanks for respond to this. I also tried 4.7.1, but had the same result. So I went back to 4.6.4 to see if it would help (read somewhere that that was the last consistently stable version with 11.2. 

I searched pretty hard for an intel-media-sdk package link, but can’t seem to find one. 

At this point I am thinking of just upgrading or starting over with TruesNAS 13.1. Thoughts? 

- B

Hi @BFREEZY12 in terms of getting support for applications (not just Emby), I would certainly suggest staying up to date with TrueNAS.

Did you end up doing anything?