Preview Image Extraction failing

snootched
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

snootched

Came here to say that I am having similar issue as well.  Thought it may have just been my setup since I did just move to unraid server and using a new docker config.

I can also provide server logs and/or video files directly if it would assist.

Thanks

Edit:

Tried running the ffmpeg commands within the container, and it's not recognizing the skip_list option:

root@unimatrix01 /]# /usr/bin/ffmpeg -skip_list 208 -f matroska -threads 1 -copyts -i file:"/tv/The Daily Show with Jon Stewart/Season 27/The Daily Show - 2022-07-20 - Jenny Slate.mkv" -an -sn -update 1 -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,min(600\,0*dar))/2)*2:trunc(min(max(iw/dar\,ih)\,min(600/dar\,0))/2)*2" -vsync 0 -f image2 "/config/cache/temp/79dad35b-fcbd-4164-a758-3e3d393d46e2.jpg"
ffmpeg version 4.0.3-static https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/  Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 20170516
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-ffplay --disable-indev=sndio --disable-outdev=sndio --cc=gcc-6 --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-gray --enable-libaom --enable-libfribidi --enable-libass --enable-libvmaf --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librubberband --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg
  libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100
  libswscale      5.  1.100 /  5.  1.100
  libswresample   3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libpostproc    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
Unrecognized option 'skip_list'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

Edited by snootched

snootched

hi @Luke - apologies you are correct.  Looks like I did the binhex image and not the official.  I will move over to the official container and validate.

Cheers

Let us know how you get on. Please note, there are some issues in the current server related to image extraction that are affecting some formats of videos, but not all.

So you might still run into something and we'll have a 4.7.X maintenance release out to address it. But with the binhex image not using our ffmpeg build, that's just going to cause everything to fail.

snootched
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Please note, there are some issues in the current server related to image extraction that are affecting some formats of videos, but not all.

So you might still run into something and we'll have a 4.7.X maintenance release out to address it. But with the binhex image not using our ffmpeg build, that's just going to cause everything to fail.

Agreed and thanks @Luke  Apologies, I rebuilt my server recently, and I /was/ on the official container under OMV :)

All fixed up now using the official.  Will observe any further issues and watch out for the maint. rel.

Cheers

• Thanks 1