Question About Library Type

ManuJapan89

ManuJapan89

Hi, i'm playing around emby for a few weeks now... i tried to create a personal video and photo library type. Once all video as loaded as expected i tried to modify the library tipe into another type, and even if i digged into ui options i didn't find how to do it.

Let's explain why i do want to do this. i have HUGE libraries, i wish to take my time to set up and fix thing. so, expecially on plex i adopted this behaviour.(before they introduced new agents, now is impossible XD):

A 1st scan using personal media show agent library(Plex), personal video and photos library type on emby

then once all is loaded as folder, i was changing Library Agent(Plex) without refresh all metadata and slowly fix everything as i like most

tried to reproduce this behaviour in emby but it seems i can't change library type. is it possible?

NOTE: i know i don't have a standard approach on these thing, is my approach that is different. no blame or disappointment at all if it's not possible :)

thanks to anyone that can give me an answer :) 

Edited by ManuJapan89
details

pwhodges

You can't change the content type of a library, it has to be created with the type you want.  If you're trying to delay some scanning (e.g. to reduce load) then add a new library of the required type and then transfer your files into it in small batches, waiting for the scanning of each to be completed.

Paul

ManuJapan89

Thanks Paul @pwhodges for answering my question. i don't want to touch file on filesystem becaues they are used by plex which is always in running.

I would rather change approach and let emby do what it has to do and then, slowly, very slowly fix everything. matching 1488 anime series isn't a joke at all. Now i'm fixing anime series original title field(from kanji to romanized) inside plex library for all 1488 series(200 titles left - a week of work). once done. i'll take a break and i will build emby as an alternative media server with your tips(example, scan anime that doesn't have season subfolder ;) )