emby not listed in Sonos controller Music Sources

holycrapola

holycrapola

Hello.  emby n00b here.

I'm having difficulty getting my emby library to show up as a Music Source in my Sonos controller.

The basic emby server setup is 4.7.5.0 installed on a Debian VM.  Libraries are added & indexed, and I've enabled DLNA Server in the emby settings.

My Sonos S1 devices are all wired and connect to the same LAN at the emby VM.

In the emby web UI I can see the Sonos devices listed in the "Play to..." list and I can play music on the selected speaker

My problem is that emby does not appear in the Sonos controller "Music Source" list.  The Music Sources list does show my other DLNA servers.

If I fire up VLC on my Android phone, it sees emby as a source and can play music.

I have tried all of the following but still no dice:

• Waiting for a couple of hours
  • Switching "UPnP servers" off and back on again in Sonos > Settings > System > Music Servers
  • Switching "Media servers" off and back on again in Sonos > Settings > System > Music Servers
  • Restarting emby-server
  • Installing the emby Sonos plug in (Am I right in thinking this enhances the "Play to..." functionality only?)

Am I missing something?  Do I need to create a DLNA profile for Sonos devices? 

Thanks in advance

Hello holycrapola,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

holycrapola

Wow.  Good point.  Who'd have thought something like Sonos isn't actually DLNA-compliant 🤦‍♂️.  Mind you, it's 2022 and they still require SMBv1 for NAS file share access so not a surprise I guess.

The Sonos definitely supports something akin to DLNA using UPnP because it has visibility of other media sources.  I'll do some protocol sniffing to find out what's different about those servers and maybe it can be persuaded to see emby with some profile tweaks.

• 8 months later...
Wurstbrot3000

Hi, is there any news here?  Integrating my Emby server into Sonos with covers and playlists would be absolutely great.  I don't want to have to switch to Plex because of this.  😅

Greets, Dustin

On 3/27/2023 at 5:39 PM, Wurstbrot3000 said:

Hi, is there any news here?  Integrating my Emby server into Sonos with covers and playlists would be absolutely great.  I don't want to have to switch to Plex because of this.  😅

Greets, Dustin

Hi, did you try the Sonos media server detection that it has?

Wurstbrot3000

Hi, yes I'm still using the plugin and I can stream Emby to Sonos (Look at the Screenshot from my Smartphone).

But I want to use Emby as a Library in the Sonos App. For example to hear songs from different sources in a combined playlist.
Plex is available in Sonos an I can see my last added Music and my Plex-Playlists and so on, unfortunately Emby is not. (Please look at the other Screenshots)

Is there a possibility, to add this service to Emby? That would be absolute awesome. I don't want to use Plex in future. :D 

Greets, Dustin

Inkedscreenshot iphone.jpg

Plex in Sonos Overview.jpg

Plex in Sonos Detail.png

Wurstbrot3000

2 x Sonos One
1 x Sonos Connect

I‘m using the S2-System / App.

Is there still a option to import Emby as Source in Sonos? 😶

Wurstbrot3000
9 minutes ago, Wurstbrot3000 said:

2 x Sonos One