Metadata Settings Being Ignored

Heckler

Heckler

I've noticed that Version 3.0.5366.22005 isn't restricting the metadata from being overwritten when settings for an item have been set and saved.

For example, I just refreshed a movie that I previously had folder and backdrop images for, and as I was going through to check it (I've been slowly confirming all details and then locking them to prevent data being changed/overwritten).

When ever I add a new item, I check the data and then lock the overview, genre, people, image and backdrops.... Mainly because I don't want extra people being added... Cast and director are all I want, I don't need thousands of extra people with no images that will never show up in anything other than the browser if I check.

So I double checked that the image/backdrop were set to off, and saved... Then refreshed the movie... only to have it erase the backdrops because the movie had none. I already had backdrops (because at some point this movie obviously did have backdrops).

So it ignored the metadata setting for that item, which makes me wonder if it's going to ignore anything else that I don't want changed.

2014-10-03 14:22:50.2813 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/movie/5c6b04c68e904cfed1e6cbc9a9e683d4/34016/xml/all/1/1

2014-10-03 14:23:47.4615 Info - App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: She's Out of My League
2014-10-03 14:23:48.0586 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/jtoZLyid2QGjbkuMrQ4cMt8iRFd.jpg
2014-10-03 14:23:50.1947 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt0815236&tomatoes=true
2014-10-03 14:23:50.6157 Info - App: Studio 'DreamWorks SKG' mapped to 'DreamWorks' for She's Out of My League.
2014-10-03 14:24:42.1967 Info - LibraryMonitor: \\MEDIASERVER\TV Shows2\Game of Thrones\Game of Thrones Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 Complete in 1080p\Season 4\S04E09 The Watchers on the Wall.mp4 reports change.
2014-10-03 14:24:42.1967 Info - LibraryMonitor: \\MEDIASERVER\HD Movies\She's Out of My League [2010]\backdrop.jpg reports change.

The section of the log shows this... last line reporting backdrop has changed... when it shouldn't.

Heckler

I'm wondering if this is related to the issue being reported where no images from metadata are being grabbed... possibly due to a problem at themoviedb... as after looking into it, there are multiple movies that see no images at all from there, but if you go to the site itself, there are plenty of images available.

However I don't understand how/why this would over ride the setting telling the metadata manager not to replace images.

no, this is different and will be fixed for the next release. the other could be a remote provider problem. i don't think there's an mbs issue as of now

• Like 1