'/var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp' full and locks up entire server

ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal
On 7/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, mediaGuy said:

Since upgrading to 4.7 I have had my transcoding-temp folder (~ 200GB) fill 3x, requiring me to manually SSH in and empty the folder.  Is this a known issue or should I setup a nightly crontab to clear the folder?  Never had an issue with any previous versions.

I've had this same issue for over a year. I periodically monitor my SSD capacity for this reason.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

I would post a log but it happens sporadically. The next time it happens i will.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
ShadowKindjal

It seems that I'm having the issue happen again. I've attached my most recent server log in addition to the size of the transcoding directory and the permissions of the folder as well.

image.png.842614a0bb4cd80d868e4f7e83c77923.png

image.png.99f54ab332318520f4cb38c335f905a2.png

embyserver 10.24.22.zip

Edited by ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

I unfortunately deleted the contents because my disk drive became full but it seemed to be remnants of transcoding sessions that were never deleted.

I'm sorry. I didn't think to get the file names. I guess I can do this again the next time it occurs.

Edited by ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

It seems as if this issue is happening again. I have files dated from the previous day that have not been cleaned from the directory. Attached is my latest server log in addition to screen grabs of the content in the transcoding folder. I have yet to delete the files

image.png.9ddd635ee21a764b133274a90446445f.pngimage.png.0447f7f75fdbd8dbde86e8c5558f0232.png

embyserver (4).txt

Hi, try updating to the new version of Emby for Roku that was released today, then restart the server and see if it happens again.