About two spot problems detected - ES 4705

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
1 - I can't play the intro using my adm login in the web app on 4705 but on 4806 it plays normal. It also plays on any client devices, registered in the admin panel. Just using my adm login on any device (browsers and android phone), as if only my own user doesn't have powers to display the intro.

2 - In stable version 4750 whenever a video is played the message of lack of stream appears but when clicking on the OK button the playback starts normally. This happens for my user and for all other clients on any device. This doesn't happen in beta version 4806 and it doesn't happen in stable version 4705 of a friend who also uses embyserver.

CarlosLima

Hi, here are the logs.
I started playback at 16:38 and the error message was missing stream.  When I clicked the button the playback started and at 16:39 I paused the video.
Before playback, the intro video has not been played and is in the folder.  For other users, the intro video plays normally, but the error message of no stream occurs in 100% of the cases.

---
 I take the opportunity to praise the new format for obtaining and sending logs, it was extremely simple and fast, which was previously hateful. Congratulations.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-7f959175-7b44-45bb-a949-1ff939c43f0e_1.txt hardware_detection-63793845349.txt

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hmn, in fact, by checking the 4 boxes in my adm user, I tested 5 videos and they all played the Intro and didn't show the no stream message. Great, thanks for that.

But...

If I leave the 4 boxes checked for all users, won't this stress the server pc (VPS) and crash playback when I have multiple clients playing simultaneously?
I've always kept in mind that we shouldn't keep just the first box checked. Thank you very much for clarifying this detail.
Thanks

PS: As an important detail. All video files are in mp4 format and 2ch audio only.

Edited by CarlosLima

visproduction

Carlos,
The start of the video appears to be missing a keyframe.  At some point a compressed copy had some part of the start edited out, which means the first frames have no keyframe.

Your ffmpeg direct stream file:

15:24:58.324 [h264 @ 000000fbed545a80] decode_slice_header error
15:24:58.325 [h264 @ 000000fbed545a80] no frame!
15:24:58.868 [h264 @ 000000fbed545a80] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

Some players have built in ability to ignore this and some will have a problem.  Usually this causes random pixelation for a few seconds, but it could be harsh enough to cancel playback on some software players.  If you had a properly made test video and ran it through this process, you would possibly see that there is no issue.  Did you try that?  It's an important step to do so you can pinpoint where you problem lies.  There is no sense trying to solve a encoding issue when the problem is the original video.  Just playing a video back with some other player does not confirm that the video is good.  You need to work with test master videos of high quality.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

Hi, thanks for your message.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but could this have something to do with my intro video? It is a small 3 second .mp4 file.
About the videos themselves, I think it's unlikely because I have a large volume of videos and the problem occurs 100% of the time I press play on any video.

I'm going to replace the Intro file with an unedited original and see if it passes the test. Thanks

Edited by CarlosLima

visproduction

Aha, a 3 second video is very short. It should be perhaps a little longer black to start to solve the keyframe problem or you could try setting the GOP to a very low number, even 0.  It depends on how large the intro video is.  A 1080P intro with 0 GOP might choke some playback user combination.  This is why you get 1 second black to start many logo edits.  GOP and Iframe video compression can work properly and playback can be smooth all the way up to 1080P or even 4K.

Reedit your starting video to begin with 1 - 2 seconds black and use a fairly high quality setting.

Hope that helps.

Edited by visproduction

CarlosLima

Hi, can you please detail which intro file is ideal for emby, such as the file size in kbyte, the min and max time and the intro video file format?  The quality you mentioned that can be 1080p or 4K?  Thanks again

14 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Hi, can you please detail which intro file is ideal for emby, such as the file size in kbyte, the min and max time and the intro video file format?  The quality you mentioned that can be 1080p or 4K?  Thanks again

Size, resolution, etc, doesn't matter for intros. They play the same way as regular video files.