Why doesn't QNAP show that there is a hardware decoder now?

mzacer

mzacer

I was the poster in the second connection.

At that time, luke gave me a solution, but the actual test did not work. So I deleted Emby on QNAP, and then used an external NUC as an Emby server.

When I saw your post today, I downloaded a new beta version of Qnap and tried to see if it was feasible. It turned out that the decoder is not even set.

emby.thumb.png.268ce3df8ecdaba1e50c1de694922a8b.png

mzacer

At the same time, I also tried the official version, the same problem, there is no encoder to choose from.

mzacer

A few months ago, I sent a topic about the problem that the N5105 cannot use hardware decoding. Because it has not been solved, I also chose other methods to temporarily satisfy my use.

Today,I just saw a post saying that there is a way to make the N5105 realize hardware decoding,

but I have installed the official version and the beta version of the Qnap Emby server, and I can't even choose the decoder directly?

emby.png

mzacer

I see why, because my QNAP is so new, there is no decoding option for the first version, I'm going to roll back to this year's option that came out free, but with your settings, turn off VAAPI and just turn on QuickSync to play , or software decoding