Certain episodes won't play on Chromecast (Bluey)

cappapp

cappapp

For some reason, certain episodes from Bluey S3 won't play on my Chromecast, but every other TV Show/Movie is fine.

I have deleted them all multiple times, manually picked different releases. But the same episodes still won't play.

This started a long time ago, I have looked at it once before with no success.

The same episodes play fine everywhere else, on my phone, in web browser.

ffmpeg-directstream-0aad3dd7-a394-4df7-ac51-b9a5abd91710_1 (1).txt

It opens and plays for 1 second, then just stops and black screen. Even if I start playing on my phone for 10 or so seconds then transfer to the chromecast, same thing happens.

The files look pretty normal, like most other tv shows. I don't think they are encoded weird or anything. Last time I even re-encoded them myself and still had the same issue.

It's like it's memorised this episode/device and now refuses to play :(

Any ideas on what else I can try?

cappapp

Here you go. I did a log reset and then replicated the error.

Actually it happens in the Web Browser too. But stops at 9 secs, instead of 1 like the chromecast.
Then I played it on my phone, I stopped it myself at 16 secs. But I have played the whole episode too.

Cheers

embyserver (9).txt

cappapp

Let me know if you need anything else.

I have spent a lot of time trying different things in terms of deleting, replacing, reencoding the media, so new ideas are very welcome :)

Cheers

HI, there is no Chromecast activity in this log file. Are you sure it's the right one?

• 3 weeks later...
cappapp

Sorry, here's the other log file. I did new play back again on Chrome before downloading. Always stops at the same spot.

Another interesting thing. I just got today the new Google TV device and downloaded the Emby app on there.
Same issue happens, but it plays longer before stopping.

Every other TV/Movie I have played for years seemffmpeg-transcode-cd111b94-0e19-43ce-8115-45220400d052_1.txts fine. Only seems to be an issue with a bunch of episodes of Bluey S3.

Only Emby app on my phone seems to have no issue.embyserver (12).txt

cappapp

It so strange... I can replicate this issue and behaves the same every time. Including being perfectly fine on my android samsung galaxy phone.

When I was looking through logs too. I saw the transcode-tmp directory had a whole bunch of lingering folders, like; A3G4JHG something like that.
I assume because it's supposed to be tmp, it can be deleted. I tried clearing, but still the same.

Edited by cappapp

cappapp

OK done.

So yeah that's interesting. It plays fine on the Google TV with the sideloaded app. That one is the bedroom tho, the main TV is the Ultra Chromecast. I've been thinking about replacing it with another Google TV because I'm very happy with the new device. I guess that solidifies that decision :)

Will it automatically do future updates? Or will I have to manually do those now too?

Cheers

On 8/19/2022 at 11:11 PM, cappapp said:

OK done.

So yeah that's interesting. It plays fine on the Google TV with the sideloaded app. That one is the bedroom tho, the main TV is the Ultra Chromecast. I've been thinking about replacing it with another Google TV because I'm very happy with the new device. I guess that solidifies that decision :)

Will it automatically do future updates? Or will I have to manually do those now too?

Cheers

Hi @cappapp on a temporary basis you have to install updates manually, but once the app is in the store for this device it won't be necessary anymore. Thanks for the feedback.

cappapp

Yep cool. Do you know what the issue is exactly? Can I re-encode the files or anything so it won't crash on other devices too?

So far testing on;

Direct play on Emby app for Android - OK
Direct play on Emby app for iOS - OK
Direct play on Emby app sideloaded Google TV - OK

Direct play on Emby app Google TV - No good
Direct play in Emby Chrome web browser - No good
Cast from Emby app for Android to Chromecast Ultra - No good
Cast from Emby app for Android to Chromecast - No good

If not, that's cool. I have a new Google TV on the way and then the kids won't bother me anymore. :)

Is there a way for me to check when the new app reaches the Google TV store, without me having to uninstall/install the app and testing again.
Can I just check a status page for a certain version number or something?

Cheers

cappapp

So my new Google TV arrived today.

Interestingly enough, the first thing I try before side-loading Emby again was playing the same Bluey episode on it.
And it didn't fail :P

I wonder if it's because this is a 4k Samsung TV and it's fairly new. So it can handle content from the GoogleTV better? I'm not sure, that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, I'm happy. Everything is working as I want.

Cheers

Screenshot of version numbers below.
image.jpeg.3251b6e5ac0d2b5b383aa2dc635fce26.jpeg

Our standard Android app is a little bit ahead in terms of updates to the video player so that is probably why.