Give user rights to delete TV Recordings

ab123ga

ab123ga

Is there a way to allow a user to delete recorded shows from Live TV and not delete movies.  I thought the option "Allow Management of Live Recordings" under user preferences did this. The user says they cannot delete recordings they have watched. 

blade005

I believe that Allow Management of Live TV Recordings relates to scheduling a recording or canceling a scheduled recording.

ab123ga

Additional question. I have changed a specific user to "Allow this user to Delete Library Content". However the user does not get "Delete" button. 

Additional question. I have changed a specific user to "Allow this user to Delete Library Content". However the user does not get "Delete" button. 

Doesn't get a delete button where?

nsmal24

I don't get a delete button in mbc and I have full permission. I just figured it was a limitation. Not sure what he's talking about.

I don't get a delete button in mbc and I have full permission. I just figured it was a limitation. Not sure what he's talking about.

Using what theme?  Does "full permission" mean you have selected the allow this user to delete media content option?

• Like 1

ab123ga

Sorry for the delay. For my ID on the web client there is the options to Play and Delete. The user I gave rights to delete only gets Play. Again, I have turned on the rights for them to delete content. 

nsmal24

Using what theme? Does "full permission" mean you have selected the allow this user to delete media content option?

Chocolate, yes.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ab123ga

My issue is specific to the web client. I am trying to allow someone to delete tv recordings and have set. There's no theme involved in my situation. I have even logged into the specific ID and I too see that the "Delete" option is not there. 

Happy2Play

@ab123ga  what options do you have enabled in the user profile?  I believe the "delete" option is tied to "Allow this user to manage the server".  At least from my test with "Allow this user to manage the server" unchecked, I didn't have delete.

ab123ga

I do not have manage the server set for the user. Based upon my understanding giving those rights means they can futz with everything i.e. superuser. I do not want that. On Feature Access I have all set except Allow this user to remote control... 

Edited by ab123ga

• 2 weeks later...