Cannot install media browser

awakening

awakening

On the dashboard i see :

Version 3.0.5366.22005

There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository.

i had that problem before but it resolved itself when i closed my VPN connection.

Now it is back and persists.

I thought to do a new server installation over the current instalation. i tried the latest final and the latest beta.

it does not work and seems related to not being able to connect as this is the error meessage:

An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application

I added the install log.

Suggestions are appreciated.

install.log

• 1 month later...

I am having this problem and I am on Comcast.  What URL is the MediaBrowser trying to reach? 

The problem seems to come and go, every day is different, I am getting new Beta builds. I am currently running Version 3.0.5424.1, and it says "Media Browser Server is up to date" right above the line that says "There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository."

I have been tweaking the firewall quite a bit lately which is why I am curious what URL it is trying to reach.  I did not find the answer in the log files.

Edited by DKirk

awakening

After installing the latest version last week, the problem came back for me. I have bitdefender running so i added  the server to the list of programs allowed to pass through the bitdefender firewall. This did not help, but disabling the firewall did. Strange. now i still have bitdefender running for virus protection, but i am using only the windows firewall. So it was a firewall problem on my side. Hope this helps.